Citrix Workspace app 2109 for Windows Technology Preview
Release Date: Sep 17, 2021
Note: This is an Early Access Build shared for the purpose of testing/validation with the intent to make organizations ready for the upcoming release and is NOT advised to be deployed in production environments.
What's New in 2109
With Adaptive audio, you don’t need to configure the audio quality policies on the VDA. Adaptive audio optimizes settings for your environment and replaces obsolete audio compression formats to provide an excellent user experience. For more information, see Adaptive audio.
Note: If UDP audio delivery is required for the real-time audio application, Adaptive audio must be disabled on the VDA to allow fallback to UDP audio delivery.
Citrix Workspace browser
The Citrix Workspace browser is a native browser running on the client machine. It lets users open web and SaaS applications from within the Citrix Workspace app in a secure manner.
With a continued focus on enriching the user-experience, the new browser brings you an enhanced and a more native browser-like user experience, complete with the following features:
- VPN-less access to internal web pages
- Microphone and webcam support
- Tabbed browsing experience
- Multi-window views
- Editable omnibox
- Shortcuts on the new tab page
- Customizable settings
- Proxy authentication support
Admins can enable Secure Workspace Access (SWA) or App protection policies including anti-keylogging, anti-screen capture, download, printing, clipboard restrictions, and watermarking functionalities in varying combinations on a per-URL basis.
Note: The app protection policies are not supported on Windows 11 OS.
The following features that were previously in technical preview are now available to deploy in your production environment:
- Support for custom web stores
With this release, you can access your organization's custom web store from the Citrix Workspace app for Windows. For more information about this feature, see What’s new in 2108.
- StoreFront to Workspace URL migration
This feature lets administrators seamlessly migrate users from a StoreFront store to a Workspace store with minimal user interaction. For more information about this feature, see StoreFront to Workspace URL Migration.
- Support for additional authentication mechanisms
Starting with this release, you can authenticate to the Citrix Workspace app using the following mechanisms:
- Windows Hello
- FIDO2 based authentication mechanism
- Single Sign-On (SSO) to Citrix Workspace app from Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AAD) joined machines with AAD as identity provider
For more information about this feature, see What’s new in 2107.
- Support for conditional access with Azure AD
With this release, you can authenticate using conditional access if the policies are configured by your admin. For more information about this feature, see Support for Conditional access with Azure AD.
Fixed issues in 2109
Client Device Issues
- When using Citrix Workspace app, the devices connected with COM ports greater than 9 might fail to map within the session. [CVADHELP-17734]
- Some third-party applications might remain in the foreground, keeping other launched applications in the background. [CVADHELP-16897]
- When using Citrix Workspace app for Windows, the Start menu shortcuts might not refresh automatically. The issue occurs when a new application is added or a change is made on the back end. [CVADHELP-17122]
Known issues in 2109
No new issues have been observed in this release.
Please share your feedback at https://podio.com/webforms/23781663/1719022