XenApp Printing Optimizations
Release Date: Nov 30, 2011
XenApp Printing Optimizations improves printing speed, reduces bandwidth required for printing, and improves the user experience when printing to redirected client printers.
XenApp Printing Optimizations:
- Adds settings to the Universal Printing Citrix policy setting that control enhanced Metafile Format (EMF) processing mode and image and font caching, limits and defaults for print quality and image compression, and users’ ability to modify these settings
- Adds options to the Session printers Citrix policy setting that control default printer settings for session printer
- Adds options to the Printing driver mapping and compatibility Citrix policy setting that control default printer settings for mapped client printer drivers
- Adds dynamic printer discovery to automatically reenumerate and update XenApp session printers after roaming to a different location so that relaunching of XenApp sessions is no longer necessary.
Note that the download package on this page only contains the Group Policy Management Experience which allows you to view and edit the policy setting added by the XenApp Printing Optimizations. The actual printing functionality for the printing optimizations is provided by Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 for XenApp 6 for Windows Server 2008 R2. For more information, refer to the eDocs documentation below.
- XenApp 6 for Windows Server 2008 R2
- Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 for XenApp 6 for Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions), 32-bit and 64-bit editions
- Windows Vista (Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions), 32-bit and 64-bit editions
- Windows XP Professional, 32-bit and 64-bit editions
- Citrix online plug-in 12.1 for Windows or later
View the list of countries that may have export or import restrictions for products containing strong (128-bit or greater) encryption.