We have a digital disruption on our hands that is impacting IT security.
Think about how much the world of IT has changed in just the last 10 years! It started with the computing revolution of the PC, followed by tablet and smart device adoption at work, and now we have IoT-connected everything; millennials who are choosing who they want to work for based on flexible work and BYOD options, and globalization is skyrocketing. With every tech advancement in mobile and cloud, IT security must also evolve to maintain control, combat threats and provide a positive user experience that doesn’t take away from productivity. That’s where Citrix Workspace can help!
Today’s IT security teams are challenged by the disparity of devices, systems and workstyles. Users are embracing SaaS apps, cloud apps, and hosted services that live on-premises, in a private cloud, or in a public cloud — some sanctioned by IT (and some not). And they are doing this from a wide set of both personal and company-owned devices. When everything was contained inside a corporate network, IT could see from point A to point B, but now a level of complexity has been added that brings up new challenges due to loss of control and visibility.
IT managers need a new approach to security — a people-centric approach
Since people are now working outside of the traditional desktop and outside of the corporate network, IT must expand the reach of its security approach outside of the network to enable productivity, security and visibility.
Citrix customers can do this using the Citrix Workspace environment, operating with a secure digital perimeter centered on the user. Our people-centric approach to security is about maintaining user experience AND security. Our solutions remove complexity to add insight and visibility to give you:
- More control of your infrastructure
- Contextual access and advanced analytics to protect applications and data
- Application-layer protection against threats
- Simplified management across on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud apps and networks
- Consistent, secure access and experience for every user, every time
Our people-centric approach to security enables you to establish what good behavior looks like and weed out the rest. When anomalies occur outside of a user’s normal behavior, a security alert is raised for investigation and additional authentication to access your sensitive business information.
Citrix can help you to look at our entire portfolio of products and services and pull together the right grouping of products to build a secure solution that best fits your needs.
If you will be at Black Hat 2018 in Las Vegas, come chat with our experts in booth 252 about our security solutions. Some of the hot topics will be:
- Embracing security analytics — Detect malicious users and prevent data loss or other damage to the business. With Citrix Analytics, actionable insights are delivered using machine learning and artificial intelligence. This analysis of data spanning the Citrix portfolio can dramatically reduce data exfiltration, ransomware attacks and other non-compliant user activities. Citrix Analytics will also use these advanced algorithms to improve application performance and optimize IT operations.
- Enhancing the security of all mobile deployments — Citrix Endpoint Management (CEM), a component of Citrix Workspace, enhances the security of all mobile deployments, including Microsoft EMS/Intune and Office 365. CEM supports a wide range of device platforms and app types – and does it all from a single console. Our secure email client, Secure Mail, has all the features of native email and lots more, including working seamlessly with Office 365 apps and providing mVPNs for secure access to on-premises resources like Microsoft Exchange.
- Enforcing granular security controls for SaaS and internet — Unlike a traditional SSO solution, Citrix Access Control not only provides a seamless single sign-on user experience but also gives IT security controls that provide contextual and granular access to SaaS and internet content — enhancing the organization’s overall security and compliance posture. Companies gain enhanced security and granular policy controls in SaaS apps, such as controlling clipboard access of users, restricting printing of pages and watermarking for SaaS applications. With Citrix Secure Browser as a key component, admins can determine where to render the application, either isolated or in the general browser.
- Provide business continuity and application resiliency — Applications are subject to attacks which are more and more sophisticated. Citrix has a set of services to provide business continuity and application resiliency, including the Citrix Web Application Firewall (WAF), which helps protect against application layer targeted attacks. In addition to being available as a cloud service, Citrix WAF is available on the Citrix Application Delivery Controller (ADC), or as software for deployment on-premises or in a public-cloud.
Other Black Hat Activities:
- Join our Chief Security Strategist, Kurt Roemer, to discuss: “Is hybrid a compromise, a curse – or a competitive advantage?” – Thursday, Aug 9 11am and 12:10pm in Mandalay Bay Ballroom C
- Listen to our theater sessions and tech talks — @Citrix booth 252
- Meet Kevin Mitnick, the world’s most famous hacker, global bestselling author, and the top cybersecurity keynote speaker — @Citrix Booth 252 on Wed, August 8 from 1pm – 3pm
- See yourself as a cartoon! Stop by the booth and get your caricature created by our digital caricature artist.
For more details about Citrix at Black Hat 2018, please click here.