Enterprises want choice. According to 451 Research*, this is especially true when it comes to selecting cloud and IaaS services: 63 percent of surveyed organizations have multiple vendors supplying them with IaaS services and 59 percent are running mission-critical applications on these platforms.
Because you are moving mission-critical workloads outside your data center to the cloud, your WAN might not be up to par to ensure your business’s future success. While your move to the cloud might be based on factors such as agility, efficiency, and scalability, modernizing your network shouldn’t be an afterthought. Your users depend on a great experience no matter where apps and services are hosted. Connectivity issues such as unreliable links, latency, and congestion can slow business down, frustrating users and customers, and putting your brand’s good name at risk. Poor application performance can even impede your digital transformation objectives.
If you’ve decided to use Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Citrix has good news for you. Providing more freedom in cloud choice than ever before, we’re now offering an easy on-ramp to GCP with our virtual SD-WAN appliance, available in the GCP Marketplace. This delivers all the advantages of Citrix SD-WAN and enables you to confidently extend your network to the cloud. It’s the same compelling SD-WAN capabilities, just in a virtual instance in Google Cloud.
Simplify the Enterprise Journey to Hybrid Cloud
With Citrix SD-WAN, you can easily and cost-effectively spin up SD-WAN instances to reliably connect branches to GCP through virtual overlays. Citrix SD-WAN supports highly reliable and performant connectivity from office locations to workloads running on GCP and from GCP to on-premises resources such as database servers, offering advanced features including:
- Deliver an optimal application experience to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on GCP through integration with HDX, which uses the ICA protocol
- Provide exceptional performance to applications running on GCP, including G Suite, with deep packet inspection, QoS, link bonding, and selective packet duplication for critical traffic such as VoIP and SCADA
- Quickly set up high-availability connections to Google virtual private clouds (VPCs) and manage the entire network from the Citrix orchestration service
Automate, Simplify Deployment and Management
With Citrix SD-WAN’s orchestration service, you can:
- Easily set up high-availability connections to Google virtual private clouds (VPCs) from the Citrix orchestration service
- Access Google services such as storage, big data, analytics, and machine learning
- Soon, be able to monitor connections for both performance analysis and network forensics through VPC flow logs
Improving the Application Experience
If you’re moving your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop workloads to GCP, Citrix SD-WAN’s unique ability to see into the ICA protocol delivers an optimal user experience that no competing SD-WAN vendor can. Because of this integration, Citrix SD-WAN delivers unique features like HDX Auto-QoS for prioritization of individual traffic streams and HDX fair sharing of session bandwidth over the WAN, as well as session monitoring and reporting.
We’ve announced that this integration with GCP, currently in field trial, will be generally available in May with the release of Citrix SD-WAN 11.0.
Learn More at Google Cloud Next ‘19
Are you at Google Cloud Next ’19? Visit us at the Citrix booth at #S1401 in Moscone South or attend our networking session on April 11:
Panel Session ID NET104: Partner-Delivered Networking Solutions to Simplify Your Journey to the Cloud
Thursday, April 11, at 9:00 a.m. PDT
Panelist: Andrew Leong, Director, Product Marketing, Citrix SD-WAN
*Voice of the Enterprise: Cloud, Hosting & Managed Services, Vendor Evaluations 2018