Summer school has moved far beyond its roots as a make-up session for students who faced difficulties during the year.
Today, anyone can benefit from a summer education course. And right now may be the perfect time to catch up on your Citrix training. While your colleagues are off on vacation, you could be acquiring valuable knowledge and expertise to:
- Advance your professional goals
- Add new capabilities to your Citrix environment
- Strengthen the security of your enterprise
- Streamline your transition to the cloud
For example, you could take courses to learn about the newest release of Citrix NetScaler (version 12), which is key to the software-defined perimeter described during the Citrix Synergy keynote. The SDP is quickly replacing the traditional network perimeter, or corporate firewall.
Here are three updated courses featuring NetScaler 12 content:
- CNS-220: Citrix NetScaler 12.x Essentials and Traffic Management combines an overview of NetScaler basics with a focus on traffic management, including content switching, traffic optimization and GSLB.
- CNS-222: Citrix NetScaler 12.x Essentials and Unified Gateway teaches NetScaler fundamentals, including load balancing, high availability and management, as well as Unified Gateway and XenApp and XenDesktop integration.
- CNS-320: Citrix NetScaler Advanced Topics – Security, Management, and Optimization (coming in Q3 with version 12 updates) covers how to configure your NetScaler environment to address application services security with AppFirewall, automate and manage network services with NetScaler MAS, and optimize application delivery traffic.
If you’re planning a move to Citrix Cloud Services, which provide cloud-based management of XenApp/XenDesktop and other Citrix solutions, you could sign up for this new course:
- CXD-250: Moving to XenApp and XenDesktop Service on Citrix Cloud shows you how to how to navigate the transition from XenApp and XenDesktop on premises to the Citrix Cloud.
Or, if you’re a Citrix administrator, you could learn about the latest XenApp and XenDesktop platform and components by taking these courses:
- CXD-210: XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration offers a skills update on the latest XenApp/XenDesktop platform.
- CXD-310: Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Advanced Administration teaches you how to simplify application and image management with Citrix App Layering.
If you are one of the first 10 people to purchase a Citrix Training Pass, you’ll get to choose from two amazing Bose audio products. Enjoy the sounds of summer with:
- Wireless headphones: Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, or
- Earbud headphones: Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Seize the (summer) day
Summer can slip away quickly. Set aside some time for professional development, and you’ll be ahead of the game next fall.