What a fantastic week it was at Citrix Synergy 2017 in Orlando, as more than 3,600 customers, channel partners and industry influencers came together to hear how Citrix and our strategic partners are working together to power the future of work!
Microsoft, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Google, Cisco, Samsung, Nutanix and Fujitsu – I could go on. Those are just some of the many strategic partners who joined Citrix to engage with customers and share their latest news at Synergy 2017. As I sent partners off to the Citrix Synergy closing night party at Universal Studios, home of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I was struck by how similar my job sometimes feels to that of “The Sorting Hat.”
For non-Potter fans, The Sorting Hat is a personified hat that sorts students into one of four school houses at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Similar to The Sorting Hat, my role is to identify and align strategic partners within the four houses of our Cloud strategy — Cyber Security, Mobile, Big Data Analytics, IoT — where we can work together to create the greatest mutually beneficial value in delivering integrated technology services for the secure delivery of apps and data.
Some partners live in one house, while others live in all, but wherever they live I am always proud to bring the best partners in the industry into our “Citrix Cloud” house, and equally proud to have so many of them join us each year at Synergy to showcase our combined capabilities and share the latest news on their strategic alliance with Citrix.
At Synergy 2017, these included:
- Microsoft highlighting the successful delivery of solutions announced at Synergy 2016 and providing a glimpse into future engagements like XenMobile Integration with Microsoft EMS and Citrix Receiver for UWP (to work with Windows 10 S);
- HPE announcing a new three-year strategic alliance with Citrix to deliver joint solutions, innovative technology, and expertise that will help simplify and accelerate the digital transformation journey for customers, while at the same time previewing future plans for HPE SimpliVity and Azure Stack;
- Google sharing its latest joint solution announcements, including showcasing Skype for Business on Chromebooks with Chrome Receiver, ShareFile integration with Google G-Suite, and optimized graphical performance in a Chrome browser with XenApp and multi-monitor support exclusive to Citrix;
- Samsung and Citrix highlighting their collaboration to deliver a Citrix virtual desktop experience on the new Samsung Galaxy S8 with Samsung DeX;
- Cisco and Citrix announcing Cisco participation in the Citrix HCI Workspace Appliance program to enable hyper-converged infrastructure appliances, such as Cisco HyperFlex, to connect to the Citrix cloud to automate setup and maintenance of Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp deployments;
- Nutanix and Citrix announcing Nutanix participation in the Citrix HCI Workspace Appliance program with a XenServer-based, “vTax-free” appliance that simplifies deployment and management of the XenDesktop environment by taking advantage of Citrix Cloud services.
While any of these announcements alone are good innovations for our customers and big news in the world of Citrix Strategic Alliances, together these and our other strategic alliances illustrate the progress we have made to deepen our partner relationships and achieve our goal of making Citrix the “Best to Partner With” in the eyes of our valued alliance partners. You can read more on our progressive alliance model and goal of becoming “Best to Partner With” in my previous blog.
In closing, I would also like to thank Fujitsu Vice President Karyn Jeffery for joining Citrix CEO Kirill Tartarinov on stage during the vision keynote to discuss the relevance of our cloud strategy with GSI partners and to share the story of how Fujitsu is leveraging Citrix and Microsoft technologies to deliver cloud solutions to their customers. I would also like to congratulate the Cisco team on winning the “Best of Synergy” Tech Target award for Cisco ACI and NetScaler. Well done!
Stay tuned for more from Citrix and our strategic partners in 2017.