Learn more by attending SYN157: Google Cloud, Chrome and Citrix: Partnering to Provide the Most Secure, Scalable Cloud Transformation on Thursday May 25 at 10:30-11:15am at the Orlando West OCCC Room W311E
As Citrix Synergy continues in Orlando, our strategic partner Google Cloud is here as a sponsor for the 4th consecutive year. Despite being one of our newer alliances, our partnership with Google Cloud continues to expand and features a substantial amount of joint solution development that has already benefited Citrix customers around the world. And we’re happy to say that the innovation between our two companies continues at Synergy 2017!
Some of the newest joint solution announcements and demos on display this week include:
- The new release of Receiver for Chrome 2.4. Citrix customers love Chromebooks and have been adopting them to use with XenApp in industries such as health care, financial services and manufacturing for the unique security, ease of use, simple deployment and TCO advantages of a Chromebook with Citrix deployment.
- The latest Receiver for Chrome 2.4 now features true multi-monitor support for XenApp or XenDesktop running on Chrome OS devices. This release also introduces the new HDX SDK for Chrome as an experimental feature and it is targeted for enabling the tap-and-go proximity card use case for the healthcare vertical.
- Skype for Business on Chrome. Available later in Q2, Citrix will be the only company to enable Skype for Business on Chrome OS devices and we continue to collaborate with Google and Intel on a project to develop a version of the HDX RealTime Media Engine (RTME) for Skype for Business that will run on Intel-based Chromebooks.
- Chrome Browser has been optimized for XenApp! With the release of Chrome 58 – the world’s #1 browser now incorporates official Google support for Citrix XenApp 6.5 and 7.x. In addition to GPU enhancements on XenApp workloads running on Chrome Browser – exclusively for Citrix users. Read the Google blog for more exciting details.
- Sharefile – G Suite integration. The first collaboration between Citrix and Google in the cloud – the Sharefile plug in for Gmail lets users easily and securely share files from their Sharefile directory. Deeper integration between Sharefile and G Suite will be coming later in 2017.
We are very excited to continue our history of innovation with Google, extend our partnership into the cloud, and welcome them back to Synergy. Stop by and visit the Google Cloud team in Booth #404 in addition to attending SYN157 on Thursday May 25 @1030am in OCCC W311E