Are you ready for some UEM (Unified Endpoint Management) in the Cloud? Don’t know how to get started? Citrix is ready to help you transition your XenMobile 10 on-premises deployment to a Citrix Cloud deployment of XenMobile Service.
So, what is XenMobile Service and why should you consider moving off your on-prem deployment?
XenMobile Service is a cloud-based solution hosted and managed by Citrix. This means we take care of things like server updates and proactively monitoring all the infrastructure. We also manage XenMobile backup and disaster recovery and have SLAs for your XenMobile deployment. Once there, you will still have the highly secure, capable, scalable, and performant mobility platform you have experienced — without the hassle and cost of managing the infrastructure and software.
Why XenMobile Service from Citrix Cloud?
- Faster deployment – Hours instead of days.
- No upfront costs – Minimal to no infrastructure.
- Peace of mind – 99.9% uptime.
- Predictable budget.
- It’s a subscription-based licensing model, so you pay-as-you-go (OpEx).
- It’s offered in three flavors Standard (MDM), Advanced (MDM/MAM) and Premium (MDM/MAM/Sharefile) Services.
- There is no hard cut-over. You can run your current system in parallel while transitioning to the cloud – and you can take up to 2 years to do this; and,
- Citrix can help you with the transition.
We also have very attractive transition pricing to preserve your investment in your current XenMobile software.
The latest releases of XenMobile Server 10.5.x have a number of new and enhanced capabilities, such as Citrix Smart Access to HDX apps; Managed Lost Mode for iOS and Bulk Enrollment for MacOS; support for the Android Launcher; and new policies for WiFi and Windows Defender for Microsoft Windows 10.
Here’ a question for you. Did you update your on-prem software yet? If you were in the Citrix Cloud with XenMobile Service your software would have already been updated – automatically, by the Citrix Cloud Ops team.
On the Client side, Secure Hub has enhanced support for iOS, Android and now Zebra hardened and handheld devices. The Secure Mail Calendar, now with personal calendar overlays and new Secure Mail admin policies have been added for iOS and Android. All XenMobile Secure Apps are now available in the public store for iOS and Android.
XenMobile Service now includes Citrix SmartAccess in all Services, and the Advanced and Premium Services now include additional XenMobile Secure Apps and dual NetScaler VPX 3000s providing micro-VPN functionality – which means no more networking hardware to buy. For the full list of features and capabilities for each service, see the XenMobile datasheet in the XenMobile resource library on citrix.com
To get your transition to the Citrix Cloud with XenMobile Service started, there are four Transition steps:
- Analyze existing XenMobile 10 om-premisess deployment
- Prepare XenMobile 10 cloud environment and a transition plan
- Transition existing XenMobile 10 om-premisess users to XenMobile 10 cloud environment
- Retire XenMobile 10 om-premisess environment
View the video for a more detailed overview of the transition to the Citrix Cloud with XenMobile Service.
As I said, you can run your XenMobile 10 on-prem system in parallel with your XenMobile 10 Service for 2 years, which gives you plenty of time to transition your users to the cloud. At the end of 2 years though, you must rescind your XenMobile 10 on-prem licenses.
You won’t be transitioning on your own. Citrix will be with you every step of the way.
- Citrix Consulting Services and the XenMobile Rapid Deployment Team will evaluate current status, suggest transition paths and review any potential limitations and requirements. Consulting Services also offers some fee-based options to speed your transition, including fixed price XenMobile Quick Start engagements for up to 2,500 users.
- The Rapid Deployment Team will handhold your IT folks during the enterprise connectivity configuration process. They will deploy a new XenMobile instance leveraging the proven Citrix Cloud best practices, and will continue to handhold your IT folks throughout the engagement until the XenMobile instance is provisioned, enterprise connectivity established, and the first test enrollments have been completed.
- The Citrix Cloud Adoption team will engage to provide help and support with the end-user communication needed for the transition from your existing XenMobile om-premisess environment to the new XenMobile cloud environment.
We also have a range of resources, documentation, training and support for XenMobile deployment.
XenMobile Resources and Documentation
- XenMobile Product page – https://www.citrix.com/products/xenmobile/
- Citrix Product Documentation page – http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenserver/xemobile.html
- The Resource – https://theresource.citrix.com/category/wwsr/windows-app-delivery/
- Discussion Forum – http://discussions.citrix.com/forum/302-xenmobile
- Webinars 7 Tutorials – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbrnMEdPVDPWWrCXed0VT0SNOEmZ6uLqx
- Support Knowledge Center – https://support.citrix.com/en/products/xenmobile
- Management Tools – https://xenmobiletools.citrix.com/XenMobileCloudTools-3.0/home/index
- Blogs – https://www.citrix.com/blogs/category/mobility-experts/
- Citrix Education Course – http://training.citrix.com/mod/ctxcatalog/course.php?id=1166
XenMobile Training from Citrix Education
- XenMobile Citrix Education page: http://training.citrix.com/mod/ctxcatalog/view.php#search=XenMobile&sort=featured&page=1
- CXM-101 XenMobile Foundations http://training.citrix.com/mod/ctxcatalog/course.php?id=1082
- CXM-202 Managing and Supporting a Mobility Solution with Citrix XenMobile http://training.citrix.com/mod/ctxcatalog/course.php?id=1208
- CMX-303 Deploying Enterprise Mobility Solutions with Citrix XenMobile http://training.citrix.com/mod/ctxcatalog/course.php?id=1166
- 371 Designing, Deploying and Managing Citrix XenMobile 10 Enterprise Solutions http://training.citrix.com/mod/ctxcatalog/course.php?id=1341
- 1Y0-A37 Citrix Mobility Specialist Practicum (XenMobile 10) http://training.citrix.com/mod/ctxcatalog/course.php?id=1283
If you should have questions or need support for XenMobile, there are lots of places you can go, such as Citrix Support, your reseller, Citrix User Group Community and Twitter.
It’s easy to get started with XenMobile – No cost, no commitments
I recommend that you start by talking to a XenMobile expert. They’re here to help answer any questions you have, from technical details to purchasing options. You can contact Citrix directly or contact one of our local partners.
|Request a call||Contact a partner||Buy online|
|To speak with us immediately, call us at 1 800 905 6176.
To request a call, click here to simply fill out the form and a XenMobile expert will contact you shortly.
|Use our Partner Locator tool to find a Citrix-certified company in your area.||Purchase XenMobile MDM or Advanced Edition and begin using instantly.|
Contact your local Sales rep today and move up to XenMobile 10 Service in Citrix Cloud.