Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop licensing includes XenServer Enterprise edition, which is provided as an entitlement at no cost. But the #1 hypervisor for XenApp and XenDesktop can’t benefit your environment unless you implement it.
That’s where the newest Citrix Education course comes in. CXS-301: Citrix XenServer 7.1 LTSR Administration is available starting August 28. This five-day course:
- Will teach you the skills you need to administer XenServer.
- Is the first course to be based on the XenServer Long Term Service Release (LTSR), which allows extended support and the most stable platform.
- Covers the latest product features from the Current Release (CR) of XenServer
You don’t need previous XenServer experience to take this course, which makes it a great choice for administrators, engineers or architects who want to use the solution for XenApp and XenDesktop workloads, as well as for general infrastructure.
CXS-301 will teach you how to install, manage, secure, size and troubleshoot an enterprise XenServer implementation. The extensive curriculum covers configuration and administration of the environment, including architecture, virtual machines, resource pools, storage and networking. You’ll also learn how to troubleshoot the solution.
Your instructor will highlight important new capabilities of XenServer, including:
- Provisioning Services Accelerator, which speeds up desktop boot up times, slashes network bandwidth usage and reduces Provisioning Services CPU usage
- Automated updating, which methodically applies fixes to multiple hosts to simplify patching
- Direct Inspect APIs for software-defined infrastructure protection against viruses and malware
XenServer 7.1 LTSR provides up to 10 years of support (five years each of mainstream and extended support), making it the only hypervisor with product lifecycle dates that are fully aligned with XenApp and XenDesktop. Implementing XenServer LTSR provides stability for your environment, and simplifies infrastructure maintenance.
For customers using XenServer LTSR, Citrix will release cumulative updates containing fixes and no new functionality. This process enables you to decrease the risk of disruption to your environment.
XenServer Enterprise is a valuable entitlement for XenApp/XenDesktop customers, so be sure to take full advantage of its robust capabilities. All you need is the right training.
Sign up for the new CXS-301 course today so you can put XenServer to work in your Citrix environment.