I am excited to announced the trade-up to Citrix Cloud promotions through the rest of 2017!
Existing XenApp, XenDesktop, and XenMobile customers can trade-up their existing licenses for up to 40 percent off!
At Citrix, we understand that a cloud transformation takes time — because we have undertaken the journey ourselves. So, for customers that take advantage of these trade-up promos, we are including hybrid rights.
Wait, hybrid rights? What is that?
What Citrix means by hybrid rights is that customers purchasing a specific cloud service may be eligible to get two years of Customer Success Services Select on their existing traditional software. You get all the benefits of the cloud service and all the updates, security fixes, and technical support for both the cloud service and your existing XenApp, XenDesktop and/or XenMobile software.
Only Citrix can offer this benefit because Citrix has built its cloud solutions off the same source code of the market leading software that has been in production at 98 percent of the Fortune 500.
What does this mean?
- Existing XenApp and XenDesktop customers can trade-up their existing licenses for XenApp and XenDesktop Service or Workspace Service subscription for up to 40 percent off SRP
- We have added the ability for XenMobile customers to trade-up to the Workspace Service
- All trade-ups Includes 2 years of hybrid rights
What happens when hybrid rights expire?
Hybrid Rights might expire, but Citrix Cloud is built for Hybrid IT, so it’s not as big of a deal as you may think. You will continue to be able to run your VDAs on-premises for as long as you want, but you will have the benefit of the backend infrastructure being managed and always up-to-date by Citrix.
Here is all you have to do in 2 years:
- Update StoreFront – if you are still running WebInterface you will need to upgrade to StoreFront so that you can take advantage of StoreFront Aggregation, which will make the migration completely transparent to your end users.
- Update VDAs – Update your VDAs to a LTSR or the latest Current Release version
- Point VDAs to Cloud Connector – you can migrate these 1 at a time or en mass, either way you just need to point your VDAs to the cloud connector installed in your resource location
That is it and in 3 simple steps you have migrated to Citrix Cloud!
Sign up for a free Citrix Cloud account today and get started with Smart Tools, which is included as part of your Customer Success Services.