Cloud is now a reality, whether you like it or not.
Attendees made that clear at last year’s Synergy special industry session, Financial Services Birds of Feather. This year at Synergy, that reality of cloud is coming into sharper focus. In response, we’re taking the discussion on cloud deployment to the next level to encourage thinking outside of the box, much like how we arrived at the invention of cars that replaced horses, and electricity that replaced candles.
If you work in banking, investment & management, and insurance companies, join us at the special industry session — Financial Services Industry Forum & Networking Reception — on May 25 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., to learn how cloud is key to achieving digital transformation. Roundtable discussions on deep-dive cloud topics chaired by CTPs, partners, customers and Citrix experts will follow. Topics include:
- When do I move my workloads to the cloud, and when don’t I?
- Security challenges involving data flows, data sovereignty, credentials
- What needs to change for DevOps?
- What needs to change for skills/staff/process/gov?
- How should I prep my datacenter?
- Help me understand the cost comparison
- What are the key drivers of moving to cloud?
Moderated by Ruben Spruijt, Atlantis Computing CTO and Citrix Technology Professional, this is a closed-door event. Financial services experts and attendees can discuss openly how to overcome IT challenges in leveraging cloud to extend their IT infrastructures. We are honored to have the following customers and CTPs as hosts of the roundtables:
- Armando Hernandez from H&CO and Omer Palo from MaviSky. Armando is the CEO of H&CO, one of the largest global accounting and consulting firms in the US. Omer is founder and CEO of MaviSky, a technology consulting firm that provides cutting-edge app/desktop delivery, networking, mobility, and cloud solutions.
- Michael Novello is director of IT at BNY Mellon, the world’s largest custodian bank overseeing more than $30 trillion in assets. Michael is responsible for virtualization services and remote access products at BNY Mellon.
- Scott Meyer is vice president and global head of desktop virtualization of Deutsche Bank, a German global banking and financial services company. He oversees a virtualization program that includes over 100,000 virtual desktops hosted in 18 datacenters in 9 regional hubs.
- Keith Qualter is responsible for business development at XenTegra, an IT consulting firm that helps customers succeed with Citrix technologies. He will be hosting a table on behalf of Beacon Credit Union.
- Ruben Spruijt is responsible for driving vision, technology evangelism and thought leadership for Atlantis Computing, which provides virtual workspace infrastructure built upon virtualization. In his opening presentation, he will share insights from an unbiased and independent survey State of the Union: Workspace Edition 2017, focusing on cloud, digital transformation and end-user computing.
- Thomas Poppelgaard is an independent technology consultant and technology evangelist. He is a Citrix Technology Professional and is also an avid blogger/author of virtualization news.
We also welcome the following Citrix experts to host the roundtables, show cloud demos, and answer any questions on new Citrix products and announcements:
- Douglas Demskis, lead architect
- Ken Oestreich, senior director product marketing
- Landon Fraley, principal sales engineer
- Kireeti Valicherla, senior product manager
- Mudit Mehrotra, senior product manager
A networking reception, sponsored by HPE and Intel, will take place concurrently during the roundtable discussion. So, join us at the convention center’s West Concourse, Level II, Tangerine Ballroom F1. With good food, drinks and good company, we are confident that you will feel relaxed as you contemplate making cloud deployment a reality.