Are you in need of filtering Application sessions that are idle for a long time and also perform some operations on those? If so, we have some good news for you.
Citrix Director 7.13 now has a new “Application Instances” tab on the Filters page that lets you filter application instances based on Session Idle Time, Application Name, and all other existing fields, like machine name, and so on. All the Application sessions that are Active or disconnected are listed here.
Let’s say a session has been launched by a user and there has been no activity on that session for quite some time. This leaves the session in idle state. Filtering based on these criteria is a lot easier with this new feature in Director. Idle time duration is displayed in “hh:mm” (Hours:Minutes) and this column is sortable.
For example, let’s say you want to view application sessions that have been idle for an hour and a half or more. Then you would use filter on Idle time similar to this:
You can also save the filters that you create for Application Instances, in line with other filters.
In addition to this, Idle time is added in existing Sessions filters page, which lets you filter sessions based on idle time in Sessions filters too.
The Idle time is displayed as ‘n/a’ when the session or application instance
- has not been idle for more than 10 minutes
- is launched on a VDA of Desktop OS
- is launched on a VDA running Version 7.12 or earlier.
Session control operations — Logoff, Disconnect and Send Message — are available on Application Instances filters, with which you can perform operations as required. This can be either on single or multiple or all of the sessions that are listed.
- Idle time shows up in Director only after 10 to 15 minutes of no session activity.
- Idle time is available only for RDS sessions.
- Idle time can also be obtained using the Get-BrokerSession commandlet on DDC. “IdleDuration” field captures this information in the commandlet output.
- If you are upgrading from previous XenDesktop versions to 7.13, you need to upgrade Director, Delivery Controller and VDAs for idle time to show up.
- In this release, the Application Instances feature is available for Platinum Licensed Sites only.