We are delighted to announce the latest version of Citrix Receiver for Chrome v2.3 & Citrix Receiver for HTML5 v2.3.
One of the new features in Receiver for Chrome is Multi-Monitor Support. As multi-monitor is hugely popular in the enterprise for boosting productivity and multitasking, we are excited to bring this capability to you now. Multi-monitor support feature enables customers to work with multiple published application sessions or desktop sessions or a mix of both application & desktop sessions delivered through Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop. Please visit Product Documentation for a list all new features in the latest version.
The following settings are expected for this feature:
- Multi-monitor is enabled by default in Citrix Receiver for Chrome v2.3.
- For XenApp 6.5, please disable the shadowing policy in Citrix computer policies [In Citrix App Center, with XenApp Farm – Policies > Citrix Computer Policies ensure the value of Shadowing is Prohibited]
- Unified Desktop mode (show the display across multiple monitors) on chrome device should be ENABLED which can be enabled by your Administrator OR by self. Please refer to the configuration section within the Product Documentation for more information on this.
To achieve the desired multi-monitor experience:
- Desktop sessions should be in Full Screen mode.
- Application sessions, by default, are always in multi-monitor mode.
What to expect from Multi-Monitor:
For the Application sessions – maximizing the published apps will fit to the monitor they are in. So, if there are two published applications from XenApp or two apps in published desktop session (published or locally installed) with each in different monitor – it will help you to see the apps for monitoring or viewing simultaneously, resulting in higher productivity, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure1. Published applications in multi-monitor. Application can be maximized within the monitor they are in.
For the Desktop sessions: the session is always launched in the primary monitor for the first time and when you fullscreen – it will spread across both the monitors as demonstrated in Figure 2. As needed, you can span desktop across monitors without switching to full screen mode.
Tip: If you switch desktop session to full screen mode using keyboard or toolbar, Receiver for Chrome remembers the preferences.Next time desktop session would be started in full screen.
Applications within the desktop session will have access to both monitors, so maximizing the published apps will fit to the monitor they are in.
Figure 2. Desktop session in full screen,will span across monitors.
A combination of Desktop and Application window:
As mentioned in the desktop sessions, the session will be displayed in the primary monitor. Launch the application session, move it to second monitor and maximize the same to view the same simultaneously as demonstrated in Figure 3.
Figure3. Desktop session and application session appearing side by side.
A few tips and notes:
- This feature can be used with two different display with different resolutions.
- We recommend you to avoid changing the display resolution of the session as we try to auto-fit to the best possible resolution.
- Barring a couple of exceptions mentioned as examples below, all UI will show up in the primary monitor only. Example:
- Toolbar cannot be moved to second monitor. Similarly, the expanded mode of the toolbar will show all the options in the primary monitor only.
- Session Reliability UI messages are shown only in primary monitor although grey overlay indicating network disruption is displayed across both the monitors.
Thank you for using Citrix Receiver for Chrome! We welcome your suggestions and feedback in the comments section below.
Citrix Receiver for Chrome can be downloaded from here or Chrome Webstore
Kindly follow the procedure mentioned here to capture logs.