Since Citrix released the first ConfigMgr 2012 Connector for XenApp and XenDesktop in 2014, admins have benefited from the integrated management (“single pane of glass”) capabilities that the Connector brings.
The Connector allows you to publish applications directly from ConfigMgr console to Storefront and Receiver via XenApp, deploy App-V packages to XenApp side-by-side with our endpoints, and more. With the upgrade to ConfigMgr 1511, the Connector integration in ConfigMgr was broken. This was due to core object-model changes in ConfigMgr. In the last few months, we’ve been working closely with the ConfigMgr team at Microsoft to restore that functionality.
Today we are announcing the release of the new Citrix Connector 3.1 with the following capabilities.
- Support for System Center Configuration Manager 1511 and later (ConfigMgr 2012 SP1, R2 and R2 SP1 are also supported).
- Support for XenDesktop 7.6, 7.7 and 7.8.
The core value proposition of the Citrix Connector remains the same in this release: a large number of Citrix customers already use ConfigMgr to manage access to applications and desktops on physical PCs. The Citrix Connector allows ConfigMgr console to be a single place to manage frequent administrative tasks for XenApp such as application deployment, image management and managing user entitlements to publish applications via Citrix Receiver, using familiar ConfigMgr semantics.
More specifically, the Connector enables an administrator to use ConfigMgr to:
- Synchronize XenDesktop machine catalogs and delivery groups into ConfigMgr
- Deploy software to all types of XenApp and XenDesktop catalogs (PVS, MCS, Physical etc.)
- Leverage MSI and App-V applications already defined in ConfigMgr
- Report application deployment success and failure
- Publish applications to StoreFront and Receiver directly from the ConfigMgr console
- Deploy HDX-delivered applications to PCs already under ConfigMgr management
- Work side-by-side with the XenApp 6.5 Connector
Try out Citrix Connector 3.1 today and give us your feedback!