Survey Results from eG Innovations and DABCC
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x is the leading app and desktop virtualization platform that delivers a high-definition user experience on any device, empowering your employees and your business to work, expand, and operate in new ways — offered as both a traditional on-premises platform and a cloud service from Citrix Cloud. With Citrix XenApp 6.5 nearing End of Life (EOL) on June 30, 2018, many Citrix customers are planning to upgrade to XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x.
To understand this market trend, eG Innovations, a Citrix Ready partner, collaborated with DABCC to conduct a survey across 795 Citrix professionals around the world. The results of this survey conducted between November 2017 and February 2018 have been compiled into an industry insight report, which will be helpful for any Citrix professional considering upgrading to XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x.
The survey was designed to find out about organizations’ migration plans, challenges, and performance expectations, as they plan their upgrade path. Analysis of the survey results helped shed light on when Citrix customers are planning to complete their migration, the factors driving the migration, adoption of Citrix Cloud, and many other interesting trends.
Here is a preview of some of the key findings:
- 2018 will be the year of Citrix migration. 70% of organizations are expected to complete the migration to XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x by the end of the year.
- The main driver behind the migration to version 7.x is the fact that older versions are nearing EOL.
- The Long-term Service Release (LTSR), with 5 years of mainstream support, as well as support for Windows 10 are other important factors driving customers’ migration plans to 7.x.
- 60% of large organizations are considering Citrix Cloud in the near future, and 5% of respondents are already using Citrix Cloud.
- 90% of XenDesktop deployments are on version 7.x.
- There is a significant overlap between organizations using 7.x and 6.x. This indicates that organizations have deployed newer workloads on 7.x and they have continued on 6.x for the older applications and workloads.
- Organizations are using multiple tools for monitoring their Citrix infrastructures. 91% agreed that having a single-pane-of-glass monitoring solution would simplify troubleshooting.
Download the full survey analysis report and benefit from the insights of 795 Citrix professionals that are going through the migration to XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x.
Here are some additional resources related to Citrix migration you might find useful:
5 Best Practices to Ensure Stellar Post-Migration Citrix Performance
Plan your migration to XenApp 7.x