The whole industry is moving to the cloud and Citrix is leading the way.
Not only are applications moving to the cloud but the components which make up applications are getting more numerous, more distributed and these components need to be dynamically managed. Micro-service architectures are driving this transformation.
Applications are increasingly being assembled with components which are deployed between on-premise datacenters, private clouds and public clouds. All this must be integrated into one digital business platform which can be managed dynamically.
The cloud has had a significant impact on the NetScaler portfolio, which has been enhanced with cloud-native elasticity and operational simplicity, end-to-end application management and the best platform performance across virtual environments for hybrid and multi-cloud architectures.
Here are a few highlights of ADC enhancements in the newly released NetScaler 12.0:
- A deeper integration with Azure (see https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2017/05/09/netscaler-gslb-microsoft-azure-what-a-combination/)
- Simplified deployments and configurations in AWS with 1-click configuration and responsive provisioning with AutoScale integration.
- Enhanced support for Internet of things (IoT) applications: NetScaler can now be deployed as an event delivery controller which supports the MQTT protocol which is the mainstream protocol for IoT connected devices (https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2017/02/24/break-down-the-barriers-to-iot-with-netscaler-secure-event-delivery-controller/) In fact, NetScaler ADC now includes built-in API extensions that will enable it to load balance any protocol; even custom protocols.
- A deep integration between NetScaler CPX and Kubernetes to allow the easy creation and deployment of container based micro-services applications (https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2017/04/17/netscaler-and-kubernetes-an-enabler-for-digital-and-devops-teams/
- Capacity-based pricing and flexible centralized licensing: As customer environments move to highly automated, software defined topologies it becomes increasingly crucial to manage licenses dynamically.
- The ability to improve mobile customer experience by managing video traffic even when encrypted (https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2017/02/15/drive-better-customer-experience-with-netscaler-mobile-gateway/
- Much better price/performance than the competition for encrypted traffic both in software or on our new appliances (https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2017/05/02/peak-performance-whats-triggering-more-netscaler-sdx-push-vs-mpx/)
This only scratches the surface. If you are attending Citrix Synergy come and see “SYN118: What’s new with NetScaler ADC” delivered by Derek Lee and Abhilash Verma. This session takes place on Wednesday, May 24th at 9:30 a.m. EST. We’ll provide you with more information on whats in Release 12.0 and what to expect from the other NetScaler sessions on the agenda.