Does this sound familiar? You purchase a powerful new technology — a fancy home appliance, the latest gaming console, a software solution — but you never get around to learning about all its cool features and functionality.
Why is this a problem?
- You’re not getting your money’s worth from the investment.
- Even more important, you are missing out on capabilities that could make your life easier and more productive.
Case in point
Here are three major Citrix components that you, as a XenApp and XenDesktop customer, could be entitled to, but might not be using. In this case, these are not just cool features — they represent a huge value to your organization and could save you time and money.
- App Layering (powered by UniDesk) allows you to install applications and operating system patches once and use them as part of any image you deploy. It can layer just about any app and automatically creates all your golden images for you.
- Workspace Environment Management (acquired from Norskale) uses intelligent resource management and profile management to deliver the best performance and fastest desktop logon and app response times for every user.
- Provisioning Services gives you single-instance image management of virtual machines. Update a golden image that is streamed to hundreds or thousands of desktops.
Use it or lose it
These components can make your Citrix environment better in multiple ways. They simplify administration, helping you and your team become more efficient and productive. They enable you to tune/optimize settings. Also, they give you the option to scale up the infrastructure – without scaling up your staff.
But you won’t gain these benefits unless you actually use the components.
Master XenApp/XenDesktop components with Citrix courses
Enrolling in Citrix Education courses is the best way to get up to speed on configuration and management of App Layering, Workspace Environment Management, and Provisioning Services.
You can choose a comprehensive, five-day course that covers all three components, plus advanced features, architecture, security and troubleshooting of complex issues:
- CXD-310: Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Advanced Administration will teach you to configure and manage App Layering, Workspace Environment Management and Provisioning Services. Learn how manage complex solutions, such as multi-zone environments spanning multiple locations with configurations around StoreFront, Delivery Controllers and HDX.
Alternatively, Citrix Education offers this same content in two shorter courses targeting specific components:
- CXD-303: Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Optimization and Troubleshooting (3 days) covers App Layering and Workspace Environment Management. You’ll gain the skills to improve logon times, user personalization and resource performance through Workspace Environment Management. Also, learn to optimize management of your app and desktop images by building and combining App Layers.
- CXD-304: Citrix Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration (2 days) focuses on Provisioning Services. Learn to install and configure a highly available Provisioning Services farm according to leading practices. Manage and integrate vDisks and target devices with XenApp and XenDesktop for easy rollback, upgrades and performance of Virtual Delivery Agent machines.
All three courses are designed for IT professionals with previous XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x experience. They are offered in instructor-led and virtual instructor-led training formats, and include access to a live lab environment with a lab exercise guide.
Bonus! Get recertified as a CCP-V with new Recertification Program
If your CCP-V certification is about to expire (or has recently expired), there’s a new way to get recertified. Now, when you take the CXD-310 course you will automatically be recertified — without having to take and pass the exam! It’s all part of our new Recertification Program for customers and partners. Don’t wait – take advantage of this special program today!
For more information on the Recertification Program and to book your class, click here and a Citrix Education representative will contact you.