We are happy to announce the availability of a new version of Receiver Diagnostics Tool which adds support for Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.3. The new version of the tool now automates the collection of always-on and install logs for Receiver 4.3 as well. Receiver Diagnostics Tool v1.1 is now available for download from Citrix KB article CTX141751.
If this is the first time you are hearing about this tool, then here is some additional information. Receiver Diagnostics Tool was first released in December, 2014. It is a standalone tool to help simplify the process of capturing and uploading Citrix Receiver diagnostic data to Citrix Insight Services(CIS) thus bringing Scout like capabilities to Receiver for Windows. The goal is to improve the diagnostic data quality and ensure all the required information to troubleshoot Receiver issues is collected in one shot.
Here are some of the key features of the tool:
- Simplified Activation and Capture of Receiver CDF tracing
- One Click Collection of
- Endpoint System Information
- Receiver Configuration Information
- Application and System Event logs
- Microsoft DxDiag Tool output
- Receiver Always-On Logs (4.3 Receiver onwards)
- Receiver Install logs (4.2 Receiver onwards)
- Packaging and Upload of diagnostics data to CIS
The primary use case is for IT admins to use this tool to capture and upload data to Citrix Support while troubleshooting Receiver for Windows issues. Here is the main workflow:
- Launch Receiver Diagnostics Tool on the endpoint where Receiver is installed.
- Start Receiver Tracing prior to duplicating the issue.
- Duplicate the issue.
- Stop Receiver Tracing
- Click on Collect & Upload button to begin the process of packaging and uploading of the captured data to CIS using My Citrix credentials.
- You can also save the captured data locally by clicking the Save button.
You can download and learn more about the tool at CTX141751. Please give it try and let us know your feedback.