Many things have changed since the last time I wrote a blog about our beloved Customer Success Center. While we finish cooking up some game-changing updates to the platform (yes, you should be very excited), we couldn’t contain ourselves and decided to release valuable content for you to use NOW! Let’s jump on in.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service Guides
When we started developing content for the Customer Success Center, Citrix was going through a very exciting transformation of our product portfolio and naming, so we made the decision to write all the content based on the 7.15 Long Term Service Release version of the product (for the components you deploy in your resource location, of course). This meant StoreFront, VDAs, and Profile Management were all based on the version with the old naming, and some of the newer features were missing.
Today, I am very excited to share with you that we have updated ALL of the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service implementation guides to include the following changes:
- All guides were updated to Current Release Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 1811, which included retaking each and every screenshot.
- All references to NetScaler, XenApp, and XenDesktop have been updated to reflect our new naming: Citrix ADC, Citrix Virtual Apps, and Citrix Virtual Desktops.
- Deleted Guide: Configuring Zones was removed. But do not fear, the content was included in the other guides.
- Updated Guide: StoreFront Installation has new steps, including SAML configuration.
- Updated Guide: StoreFront Load Balancing now includes the steps to use an Azure Load Balancer.
- New Guide: Citrix Cloud Initial Configuration on the actual portal, including advanced authentication, workspace aggregation, etc.
- New Guide: Citrix ADC Initial Configuration lays out the steps to configure the initial basic settings on a Citrix ADC.
- New Guide: WEM Service Configuration is now available to those customers (and partners) looking to leverage the capabilities of the WEM Service.
Workspace for All
With the addition of several services to support your general Workspace use cases (meaning not Virtual Apps and Desktops), we felt this was a great time to develop content to help our customers implement these services in an easy, timely manner. This is going to help pave the way for what we believe is the real deal when it comes to Workspace technologies: the Citrix Intelligent Workspace. The new content includes:
- Setting up Citrix Cloud for the first time.
- Configuring your Cloud Connectors and your Gateway Connectors for internal SaaS Apps.
- Configuring the Citrix Gateway, Access Control, and Secure Browser services to support your SaaS application use cases.
These are exciting times at Citrix, and bigger things are on the horizon! Feel free to jump into our Customer Success Center and let us support you as you expand your Workspace across different use cases.
— JP Alfaro, Lead Sales Engineer – CSP