Citrix is pleased to announce general availability of the ICA functionality of Citrix Gateway service on Citrix Cloud Government. This follows the release last year of Citrix Cloud Government, a platform built on Azure Government, a U.S. government-grade cloud that is FedRAMP High Authorized Infrastructure-as-a-Service.
The ICA proxy functionality within Citrix Gateway service enables access to Citrix Virtual Apps and Citrix Virtual Desktops services from remote locations, ensuring security, performance, and the delivery of a unified, reliable experience to end users, on any device and from any location.
Federal or state agencies using or looking to use ICA proxy functionality through an existing Citrix Gateway appliance can now use Citrix Gateway service in the cloud. This removes the need to manage a fully featured Citrix Gateway appliance and reduces management overhead.
The release supports the following features:
- Session reliability for Citrix Virtual Apps and Citrix Virtual Desktop sessions
- Multi-POP failover for high availability of your applications
- Optimal gateway routing to provide the best end-user experience
The initial launch of the ICA proxy cloud service provides three data POPs across the United States: Virginia, Texas and Arizona.
With this addition, Citrix now offers the following services on Citrix Cloud Government:
- Virtual Desktops service for government
- Virtual Apps service for government
- Virtual Apps and Desktops service for government
- Citrix Gateway service (ICA proxy service only)