With streaming media delivered from NetFlix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and others, I find myself binge-watching shows like Black Mirror (WOW). Binge-watching lets you get into a show to see how different things fit together instead of waiting week-by-week for a new episode and trying to remember what happened earlier.
Let’s take this concept to Tech. Let’s have a Tech Binge.
For March 2017, here’s what I suggest.
New Releases: Learn all about what’s new with:
- XenApp & XenDesktop 7.13 – Adaptive Transport, AMD GPU support, better Intel Iris GPU performance, seamless Linux apps, Provisioning Services support for Linux desktops, Smart Tools, plus much more.
- XenServer 7.1 – Provisioning Services Accelerator is awesome plus some changes to licensing that will make XenApp/XenDesktop admins happy.
- StoreFront 3.9 – SAML, SAML, SAML
- SCOM Management Packs – Better performance with the 7.13 release
- Session Recording – New HA options
New Tools — many things you can use in your own environment:
- Visio Stencil – Updated for the 7.13 release
- PowerShell Citrix Components – A great reference for scripting Citrix components with PowerShell
- Connection Quality Indicator – Awesome tool to let users see how their connection is performing
- QuickLaunch – Allows an admin to easily launch a XenApp/XenDesktop resource
- Release Schedule – Find out what Citrix has planned for 2017 in regards to XenApp and XenDesktop releases.
- Delivery Groups/Worker Groups – A multi-part blog discussing delivery group capabilities in relation to worker group capabilities.
- Using tags – App and VM tags are used to create subsets of delivery group resources assigned to a subset of VMs
- Capacity – Shows multiple ways on how to increase capacity of a delivery group
- Failover Servers – Explains how a combination of delivery groups, app groups, tags and priorities can help create failover servers
- XenServer Security Layer – With a partnership with Bitdefender, XenServer has an extra layer of security protection for your VMs and infrastructure.
- Launching Apps in Multiple Sessions – New capability allows admins to determine if apps should launch in a separate session or share a session.
- Log off Receiver for Web after Launch – Custom script to add new functionality into StoreFront.
- CUGC Cloud-based Federated Authentication – Technical session showing how to integrate XenApp and XenDesktop with 3rd-party identity providers with the use of NetScaler and Citrix Federation Authentication Services.
- CUGC Tech Update – Latest Tech Update webinar covering Local Host Cache, Adaptive Transport, Workspace Environment Management, App Layering, App Tagging, and much more.
- February XenDesktop Master Class – Covers App Layering with Unidesk
Enjoy and have fun!