2016 CSP Survey Results Are Out!! Results Shows That Larger Organizations Are Embracing Cloud-Hosted Desktop Services!
The 2016 CSP survey results are out and they reveal some very interesting trends! These findings will be discussed with our partner community over an upcoming webinar scheduled for January 30th, 2017!
Every year for the last 4 years, Citrix has conducted this survey with our CSPs to gain insights into the evolution of the Hosted Apps and Desktop/DaaS Market and, in general, identify any trends within their services and offerings across multiple years. The 2016 CSP Survey was conducted in Q3/Q4 of 2016 where more than 800 service providers across 25 countries participated and provided us with their valuable inputs.
Based on the results and the scope of the service provider responses, the following trends and implications become apparent:
- Global Appeal: The fact that the survey included respondents from more than 25 countries in every major global region illustrates the global appeal of the CSP program.
- Maturing Market: Responses showed the percentage of service providers are delivering apps and desktops to larger organizations has doubled, indicating greater trust in DaaS among mid-sized to large businesses.
- Maturing Growth Projections: The survey showed a consistent DaaS growth projection among service providers compared to previous surveys, indicating a maturing market and healthy demand.
- Continued Preference for Proprietary IT Infrastructure: CSPs continue to prefer delivering services from their own datacenters or co-location facilities
- Desire to Embrace the Cloud: A significant percentage of providers plan to migrate to cloud-based infrastructure in the next 12 months.
- Demand for New Services: The strong emergence of Microsoft Office 365 offered as a managed service indicates that the breadth of services will continue to change as future workspace needs evolve and grow.
- Consistent Vertical Market Appeal: A considerable number of CSPs continue to verticalize their offerings to take advantage of the increased opportunities that come with verticalizing their services.
Want to learn more about these findings? Then make sure to join us at the webinar!
Date: January 30, 2017
Time: 11:00 a.m. EST