Today, I am happy to announce the general availability of XenApp on Azure Cost Calculator, a convenient, easy-to-use web service that will provide you with a complete set of cost estimates for deploying Citrix XenApp on Microsoft Azure.
We’ve learned from our customers and partners that they are truly excited to see the possibilities that cloud computing brings, enabling them to transform their IT into a service. At the same time, it is no secret that public cloud computing can quickly get expensive without careful up-front planning. Many of you have been asking for a tool that can do a simple “back of the envelope” calculation for modeling the costs of deploying Citrix services and products in Microsoft Azure. We’ve heard you and I’m happy to share the new calculator with you today.
Here are some of the salient features of the cost calculator:
- Support for Citrix Cloud as well as self-managed hybrid topologies for XenApp on Azure.
- Plan for different various user profiles – task worker, knowledge worker, etc.-and their associated work schedules.
- Support for multi-regional, worldwide XenApp deployments.
- Choose from Pay-as-you-Go or “bring your own” Azure rates (for example, custom Microsoft Azure EA discounts).
- Receive clear recommendations for machine sizes for various XenApp roles.
- View a succinct summary and detailed breakdown of costs for compute, storage and network.
While this is the first release, we are actively working on a number of key features, including:
- Ability to save, email and compare cost estimates.
- Support for multiple currencies (currently the calculator only supports USD).
- Support for VDI workloads
- Integration into Citrix Smart Tools.
Meanwhile, we would love to hear your feedback and any additional feature requests. Please use the comments section below to start a conversation with our team.
Access the calculator at http://now.citrix.com/azure/calculator.