In today’s mobile workplace, people expect the same familiar, personalized experience on every device, in every location — including their settings, shortcuts, toolbars, templates, wallpapers, and favorites. As access scenarios multiply, IT administrators find it more challenging to manage and store user profiles and make sure they’re quickly available at each logon.
Citrix Profile Management is a key feature of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, both on premises and delivered as a Citrix Cloud service. It provides an easy, reliable way to ensure a consistent experience by maintaining a single profile that follows the user.
Profile Management benefits users and IT teams alike:
- Fast logons and a consistent experience increase user productivity and satisfaction
- Robust management tools for controlling profile “bloat,” capturing settings by default, and preventing unintended overwriting of profiles can simplify administration
Traditionally, user profiles have been stored on the local Citrix server. However, cloud environments offer a new option to store profiles. With new options, come new challenges, which is why we are here to help!
Ask the Cloud Experts
The next Ask the Cloud Experts (ACE) monthly meetup, on Tuesday, May 14, will focus on Profile Management. Our presenter will discuss:
- The basics of Profile Management
- Profile types (local, mandatory, roaming)
- Cloud storage for profiles
- New features and leading practices
Following this short presentation, a panel of Citrix engineers, architects, and other technical experts will share their insights and experience in response to your questions. This live Q&A period is the core of each ACE meetup. It’s a great forum for asking your own questions and listening to hot-button concerns from other participants.
You can pre-submit questions using this form.
Meet our Experts
- Presenter Michael McAlpine, Senior Consultant — Michael started working with Citrix technologies in 2011 and has experience as a Citrix partner, administrator, and consultant. He works on the Citrix Consulting Services Central team, helping customers to design scalable and resilient Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environments.
- Panelist Brendan Lin, Senior Architect — Brendan is an Enterprise Architect with Citrix Consulting who is based in the Bay Area. He is a Citrix veteran of over 15 years and has worked with some of the largest customers in the world across multiple verticals to design and deploy rock-solid virtualization solutions.
- Panelist Amir Trujillo, Customer Success Engineer — Amir has worked with multiple Citrix on-premises and cloud products, including Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix ADC, and others. He has worked with Citrix products since the early days of XenApp/XenDesktop, from both customer and consultant perspectives.
- Panelist Dillon Sparks, Lead Technical Engineer — Dillon is a Lead Support Technician with the Citrix Cloud Support team and has been a part of Citrix Cloud since its release. He is a subject matter expert on profile solutions for Citrix and Microsoft, and has supported, designed, and implemented profile and authentication strategies for some of the world’s largest Citrix and Microsoft partners.
Users are understandably attached to their personal profiles. You can become a real hero by making sure those profiles are delivered quickly and consistently each time a user logs onto their virtual apps and desktops.
Take advantage of this opportunity to get live answers to your pressing cloud questions from the Citrix Cloud team. Register today for the May ACE meetup.