XenApp Fundamentals 2.0 and 3.0
Release Date: Jul 7, 2009
Citrix XenApp™ Fundamentals (new name for Citrix Access Essentials) enables small to mid-size businesses to remotely access corporate Windows programs conveniently and securely over the Web. Automated wizards simplify the configuration, personalization and management of the remote access environment. Simple role-based rules allow an administrator to control which resources individuals can access, as well as where they store and print sensitive information. Newly arriving Internet and internal LAN users are automatically load-balanced among available application servers, bypassing any failed or offline servers. The product may be purchased with or without Microsoft Terminal Server Client Access Licenses (CALs).
New Enhancements on XenApp Fundamentals 3.0 for Windows Server 2008
- Supports new features available with Windows Server 2008 including Special Folder Redirection, XPS printing, and others
- Integration with Windows Essential Business Server (EBS) now enables administrators to manage day to day operations of XenApp Fundamentals directly from the EBS management console
- Improved, more intuitive user experience through an updated interface
- Enhanced multimedia access experience with additional SpeedScreen technology
- SpeedScreen Progressive Display
- SpeedScreen Multimedia Acceleration
- SpeedScreen Flash Acceleration
- Language support: EN, ES, DE, FR
- Expanded language support available with Windows Server 2008
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- Support for Windows Essential Business Server (EBS) management console now available for supported languages
XenApp Fundamentals 2.0 for Windows Server 2003
Customers requiring XenApp Fundamentals on the Windows 2003 platform will install XenApp Fundamentals 2.0 for Windows Sever 2003. For additional information about XenApp Fundamentals 2.0, view the ReadMe located under General Documentation.
The XenApp Fundamentals media includes XenApp Fundamentals 3.0 for Windows Server 2008 and XenApp Fundamentals 2.0 for Windows Server 2003. The installation will automatically determine the version based on your operating system. XenApp Fundamentals plug-in for Windows Essentials Business Server is included in the media.
For information about XenApp Fundamentals, view the ReadMe located under Related Resources.