Citrix Workspace app 2106 for Windows Technology Preview
Release Date: May 28, 2021
Note: This is an Early Access Build shared for the purpose of testing/validation with the intent to make organizations ready for the upcoming release and is NOT advised to be deployed in production environments.
What's new in 2106
Option to disable storing of authentication tokens through Global App Config Service – Technical Preview
The new Global App Configuration Service for Citrix Workspace allows a Citrix administrator to deliver Workspace service URLs and Citrix Workspace app settings through a centrally managed service.
Citrix Workspace app now provides an additional option to disable the storing of authentication tokens on the local disk. Along with the existing GPO configuration, you can also disable the storing of authentication tokens on the local disk using the Global App Configuration Service.
In the Global App Configuration Service, set the Store Authentication Tokens attribute to False.
- Attempting to print a file using the Citrix PDF printer might fail when using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Internet Explorer as the default PDF viewer. [CVADHELP-16662]
- Attempts to launch applications using Citrix Workspace app for Windows might fail when the VPN is connected or disconnected. [CVADHELP-16714]
- In double-hop scenarios, endpoint client names might not pass through to the Delivery Controller or Director. The issue occurs with VDA Version 2003 and later. [CVADHELP-16783]
- Setting the CurrentAccount value to AllAccount under the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Citrix\Dazzle might not take effect. The issue occurs when one or more store accounts are present. [CVADHELP-17229]
- Attempts to log on to Citrix Workspace app for Windows might fail when the user name contains umlaut characters. [CVADHELP-17267]
- Attempts to download a file hosted on an on-premises network, might fail. [CVADHELP-17337]
- During a conference call, when using Microsoft Teams in HDX optimized mode, the video portion of incoming calls might flicker. [CVADHELP-17398]
- Attempting to download a file using Microapps might fail. [CVADHELP-17438]
- When using the Chinese or Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) to input text in a text box, the text might appear outside of the text box in the top-left corner of the screen. [CVADHELP-15614]
- After upgrading Citrix Receiver version 4.9.6 for Windows to Citrix Workspace app and then attempting to launch an application from a shortcut, the shortcut icon might flash on some desktops. [CVADHELP-16967]
No new issues have been observed in this release.
Please share your feedback at https://podio.com/webforms/23781663/1719022