Citrix Workspace App 2110 Technology Preview for macOS
Release Date: Oct 19, 2021
What's new in 2110
- Citrix Workspace app for Mac on macOS Monterey Beta
Citrix Workspace app 2110 for Mac has been tested on macOS Monterey 12.0.1 RC, released by Apple on October 18th. Please use this setup in a test environment and provide your feedback.
CAUTION: Do not use Citrix Workspace app for Mac on macOS Monterey Beta versions in production environments.
- With this release, users cannot manually rollback Citrix Workspace app for Mac to a version that is lower than the version installed on their systems. For example, if a Mac device has Citrix Workspace app Version 2109 installed on it, then you cannot manually rollback the app to version 2108 or lower.
- With this release, if you are running Client Access Licenses (CAL) in your environment to access remote desktops, when the client ID is greater than 15 characters, you can launch the remote desktop session with a permanent license.
- Support for custom Web stores [Technical preview]
With this release, you can access your organization’s custom web store from the Citrix Workspace app for macOS. To use this feature, the administrator must add the domain or the custom web store to the list of allowed URLs in the Global App Configuration Service. Once this is done, you can provide the custom web store URL in the Add Account option in Citrix Workspace app. The custom web store opens in the native Workspace app for macOS.
Note: Technical previews are available for customers to test in their non-production or limited production environments, and to give them an opportunity to share feedback. Citrix does not accept support cases for feature previews but welcomes feedback for improving them. Citrix may or may not act on feedback based on its severity, criticality, and importance. It is advised that Beta builds not be deployed in production environments.
For the list of fixed issues in this release, see [Fixed issues in 2110](en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-mac/whats-new.html#fixed-issues-in-2110).
Fixed issues in 2110
- If you have configured the Workspace app using the `.cr` file and signed in with your credentials, there's a delay before the home page appears.
- Switching from one store to another may sign out the user from the first store.
Known issues in 2110
No new issues have been observed in this release.
Please provide your feedback about this Early Access release.
To install and test an Early Access release:
1. Uninstall the existing version of Citrix Workspace app for Mac.
2. Install the Early Access release build.
You will receive a notification when a new RTW version is available. However, if you do not have Auto update enabled, install the latest version of Citrix Workspace app for Mac from the download page or select Check for updates on the Workspace icon on your Mac.