Citrix Workspace App 2109 for HTML5 - Tech Preview
Release Date: Sep 2, 2021
What’s new in 2109
Support for copying image clips
Using the standard keyboard shortcuts, you can now copy and paste image clips between your local device and your virtual desktop and app sessions. You can use the standard keyboard shortcuts for copying and pasting while using apps such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Paint and Adobe Photoshop. Previously, this functionality was available only for text for the Google Chrome browser with HTTPS stores. This functionality is now available for both text and images for the Google Chrome browser with HTTPS stores.
|Supported clipboard actions|
|Google Chrome browser with HTTPS stores||Image clip copy/paste support
Text copy support
|Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, HTTP stores||Text copy/paste support|
- In general, for security reasons, we recommend you use only HTTPS-based stores.
- Due to network bandwidth constraints, sessions might become unresponsive when you try to copy and paste an image clip larger than 2 MB.
- You can select and press Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V (Microsoft Windows OS, Chrome OS) or Command + C and Command + V (Apple Macs) to copy and paste. The right-click functionality works only when you copy and paste from your virtual desktop and app sessions to your local device. It doesn't work when you copy and paste from the local device to your virtual desktop and app sessions.
- We've tested this feature with BMP, PNG, JPEG and GIF formats.
Battery status indicator
The battery status of the device now appears in the notification area within the virtual desktop session. Previously, the battery status indicator wasn’t visible in the session, which sometimes led to a loss of productivity when the laptop shuts down after the battery runs out.
The newly available battery status indicator feature is supported on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browsers. It is supported only on VDA versions 7.18 and later.
Note: For Microsoft Windows 10 VDA, the battery status indicator might take about 1 or 2 minutes to show up.
Support for Microsoft Windows logo key and additional keyboard shortcuts
This release adds support for the following key combinations with the Microsoft Windows logo key in your sessions running on Microsoft Windows.
- Windows + R
- Windows + D
- Windows + E
- Windows + M
- Windows + S
- Windows + CTRL + S
- Windows + T
- Windows + U
- Windows + Number
- Windows + X
- Windows + K
We’re now also supporting the following, additional keyboard shortcuts in your sessions running on Microsoft Windows:
- Alt + Tab
- Esc key
- Ctrl + N
- Ctrl + T
- Ctrl + W
In sessions running on Mac OS, we now also support the following, additional keyboard shortcuts:
- Esc Key
- Command + N
- Command + T
- Command + W
- Ctrl + N
- Ctrl + T
- Ctrl + W
We don’t support Alt + Tab and Microsoft Windows logo key shortcuts in sessions running on Mac OS.
Note: The shortcut keys work only in full-screen mode selected through the toolbar. For more information, see Keyboard shortcuts below.
The default settings for Microsoft Windows logo key and additional keyboard shortcuts are as follows:
HTML5_CONFIG > features > keyboard > captureAllKeys
The captureAllKeys attribute defaults to true. To change the default settings, open the configuration.js file and set the attribute to false.
If you are on HTTP-based stores, for a secure context, we recommend that you transition to HTTPS-based stores. For more information, see [HTTPS](https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/1912-ltsr/secure.html#change-storefront-server-base-url-from-http-to-https).
Fixed issues in 2109
- In multi-monitor sessions, you might not be able to paste using the Ctrl + V shortcut key in the extended monitor. The issue occurs when you minimize the primary monitor.
- Attempts to copy more than 10 MB worth of text from your local device to your virtual desktop and app session might fail.
Known issues in 2109
No new issues have been observed in this release.
How to install Citrix Workspace app for HTML5:
1. Download CitrixHTML5Client-x64.exe from Citrix download page.
2. Copy CitrixHTML5Client-x64.exe to the StoreFront machine.
3. Install CitrixHTML5Client-x64.exe as an administrator.
4. Refresh the StoreFront console.
Tech Preview release documentation.
Kindly provide your feedback here.
Citrix Workspace app 2109 for HTML5
- SHA-256 - 750A9A29FC98E29A83BE0BA04542A751F74F10EE8209A6ADD1C78C546671E84E
Citrix Workspace app 2109 for HTML5 for hosting
- SHA-256 - 54F72634D78ACE76626BA4F4E405EE1146FDC36B711CB43CB1CD837F93006790
Citrix Workspace app SDK 2109 for HTML5
- SHA-256 - 8A6298BCA22B6809453952F5984DA4E3C3B9C8D87665352C71796C2C9D2CF911
- SHA-256 - A9D9FC0CBFDACE07ECF1AD09C3DAE6A0AA004495BAF9F971E2B91E92B572146F