SplitView is a revolutionary software solution that enables a true multi-monitor experience with virtualization and server based computing technologies such as Citrix (RDP and ICA), VMware VDI, Microsoft Terminal Services, Remote Desktop, HP RGS and Sun Ray ALP. SplitView also provides several productivity boosting enhancements such as the ability to move windows efficiently between multiple monitors. Multiple monitors for Virtualization and Server Based Computing Multiple monitors have been shown to increase worker productivity by up to 50% in many industry studies. In certain verticals, such as the financial services industry, multiple monitors are an essential component of the computing environment. The lack of true multi-monitor support by remote desktop protocols has held back the widespread adoption of virtualization and server based computing technologies by the IT industry. SplitView has addressed this need for thousands of customers throughout the world, including many European and US banks and financial institutions such as Citigroup, Barclays, Fidelity, HSBC, UBS, Deutsche Bank, Wells Fargo and Merrill Lynch, as well as other well known names like DR Horton, Mitsubishi and the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Multiple monitors with Citrix/Remote Desktop and SplitView Although Remote Desktop (version 6.0+), Citrix and other remote desktop/thin client technologies are able to use multiple monitors with remote sessions, they do not always provide a true multi-monitor experience. The remote session sees your virtual desktop as one giant display, not as the two (or more) separate displays over which it spans. This causes multiple problems:
- Windows and the taskbar span across monitors instead of being confined to one monitor
- Windows maximize across both monitors, not one monitor
- Pop-up dialogs appear right in the center of two monitors, half on one monitor, and half on the other
Those who are used to the efficiency that multiple monitors provide immediately see the problem with this. They want a true multi monitor solution with remote desktop, not a large display stretched over two or more monitors. SplitView - Terminal Services Edition splits the remote desktop back into multiple parts – one for each monitor, and provides a true multi-monitor experience with remote sessions. When you maximize windows, they maximize to one monitor. SplitView automatically repositions dialogs and windows so they appear correctly on a monitor – not split between two adjacent monitors. Easy to Use SplitView detects when multiple monitors are used and splits the remote session automatically
- Windows, including the taskbar, do not span across monitors
- Windows maximize to one monitor, not across both monitors
- Pop-up dialogs are re-positioned to the left or right monitor, and do not appear in between adjacent monitors
Easy to Install
- SplitView is installed on the Citrix/Terminal Server or virtual desktop instance being accessed remotely using multiple monitors.
- There is no client-side install. Client can be any computer or thin client running Remote Desktop on any OS (Windows, Mac, Windows CE)
- Supports both Published Desktops and Published Applications (with seamless windows) for Citrix.
Easy to Configure
- SplitView can be configured server-wide or with per-user settings
- SplitView Options dialog enables easy configurability, and many powerful customization options
- It is easy to enable SplitView only for certain users with dual monitors accessing a server
- SplitView provides (optional) Window buttons and menus to move windows across monitors
- Windows can be maximized across all screens by holding down the Ctrl key while maximizing.
- SplitView enables keyboard shortcuts for window management
No reviews yet.