Frequently asked questions
1. Does Citrix have Business Continuity and Pandemic Response Plans in place?
Yes. Citrix maintains detailed Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans that are refreshed annually to ensure business-critical functions and services are able to operate normally following a wide range of disruptive events.
Our Pandemic Response Plan specifically includes the following:
- Provisions for the safety of our employees, customers and suppliers
- Mitigations for business disruptions to critical services
- Identification of business interdependencies
- Frequent and comprehensive internal and external communications
- A scalable multi-wave approach focused on geographic “hot spots” and multiple recovery strategies such as remote working and workload transferring to geographically dispersed teams
2. Does Citrix have a designated Pandemic Response Team?
Yes. Our Pandemic Response Team is comprised of our executive leadership and multiple support teams such as HR, Legal, Communications, Facilities/Real Estate and others. The team is responsible for taking pre-determined actions, which are developed prior to an event and triggered by emerging public health situations and impacts worldwide. The team is informed of all emerging public health emergencies as determined by the CDC, WHO and others which are monitored 24x7.
3. How has your ability to meet business obligations been impacted now that COVID-19 has become a pandemic? Have any Citrix products and services been affected so far?
We are following our Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans to ensure the resiliency of our products and services through the outbreak of COVID-19. At this time, all Citrix products and services remain fully available.
Business functions’ staff are classified as mandatory (required) or essential (adjustable) to ensure the most critical processes have proper staffing and benefit from employee borrowing where needed. Staffing priority is validated annually through the Business Continuity cycle.
4. Have your tech support services been impacted by mandates that people work from home?
No. With Citrix Workspace, our virtual applications and desktops provide employees the ability to seamlessly work from home.
5. Will you be able to maintain your cloud services?
Yes. Our Cloud Services operations are geographically dispersed around the world and our operations team is able to manage services remotely, including while working from home.
6. In the event of the quarantine of a large number of Citrix employees, how would you address potential system outages?
A quarantine requirement would not restrict our ability to manage operations. Our Cloud Services operations are geographically dispersed around the world and our operations team is able to manage services remotely, including while working from home. Additionally, we are shifting workloads across our sites to ensure that our systems are also performing at best and that our customers continue to receive the superior levels of support they have come to expect.
7. How has the outbreak of COVID-19 impacted Citrix’s supply chain?
We are closely monitoring developments, including potential impacts to our global supply chain. While certain Citrix ADC hardware components are manufactured in China and we experienced some short-term production delays, we quickly initiated contingency supply plans to avoid disruption.
8. How is Citrix protecting its workforce?
The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. We are closely monitoring developments and following guidance from the U.S. CDC, WHO, and other health authorities around the world. Based on such guidance, we have restricted all non-essential travel. We have also expanded our work-from-home policy and advised all employees to work remotely with the exception of those whose work cannot be performed offsite. Our local site leadership, working with our Global Security Risk Services (GSRS) and HR teams, will have flexibility to operationalize this work-from-home advisory as needed to accommodate different conditions. For example, our China offices are returning to normalized operations, and teams are transitioning back to their offices.
9. How will you communicate with customers? Will your help desk remain available?
We continue to communicate through normal media and client relations channels. Our help desk remains available 24/7 for technical assistance. In addition, we are proactively reaching out to our customers to ensure their work from home readiness so that they too can keep their employees safe and operations running as the global crisis continues to unfold and have created a dedicated COVID-19 page on our website where they can access insights, best practices and special offers.