SANTA CLARA, Calif. – October 25, 2012 – Citrix today released a redesigned ShareFile app for Android, making it even easier to access files, share content and collaborate from anywhere securely. As a result of mobile adoption increasing across enterprises, Citrix has already seen downloads of ShareFile for Android more than triple since the start of the year. Today's advancements enhance the company's popular file sharing service with new IT control capabilities to increase the security of company data when accessed from a mobile device and productivity features for users. ShareFile for Android is available immediately for download from Google Play.
"By the middle of 2014, 83 percent of organizations will have embraced mobile workstyles – up from 24 percent today," said Jesse Lipson, VP and GM, Data Sharing, Citrix. "Work is no longer a place you go, it's something you do. By delivering an intuitive experience that users love with security and controls that make it easy to manage information across organizations, ShareFile is empowering mobile workstyles."
What Is New
- Intelligent device security policies: The new "poison pill" option enables IT to set data expiration policies. Plus, multiple preferences settings allow IT to decide whether files can be opened in third-party applications or saved offline.
- Enterprise Active Directory integration: ShareFile for Android connects to Active Directory and SAML enterprise identities for a more seamless and secure user experience.
- Improved auditing and reporting: Enhanced capabilities help IT to track and log user activity.
- Offline access: Advanced options allow users to save files locally for offline access and editing.
- Easy access to multiple accounts: The redesigned interface makes it simple to view multiple ShareFile accounts and folders, providing users with easy access to all of their data.
Why It Matters
- Shrinking workspace and greater number of devices: By 2020, the workplace will evolve to the point where there will be 7 desks for every 10 office workers, with each person accessing their company's IT network from an average of 6 different devices. (Source: Citrix Workplace of the Future report released September 25, 2012)
- Increased mobility: According to the new Citrix Workplace of the Future report, about 24 percent of businesses worldwide have already adopted mobile workstyles. By mid-2014, that number will be up to 83 percent.
- Convenience plus security: With Citrix ShareFile, users can store, share and sync data across all their devices. The ShareFile app for Android enables secure mobile workstyles by providing users with a rich follow-me-data experience while offering IT the management and control needed to ensure sensitive corporate data is secure at all times.
Learn More About Our Mobile Solutions
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
The Online Services division of Citrix provides secure, easy-to-use cloud-based solutions that enable people to work from anywhere with anyone. Whether using GoToMeeting to hold online meetings, GoToWebinar to conduct larger web events, GoToTraining to train customers or employees, Podio to create customized workspaces and apps to collaborate with anyone, GoToMyPC to access and work on a remote Mac or PC, GoToAssist to provide IT support and management or ShareFile to securely share files, documents and data, businesses and individuals are increasing productivity, decreasing travel costs and improving sales, training and service on a global basis. For more information, visit www.citrixonline.com.
Citrix, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar GoToTraining, Podio, GoToMyPC, GoToAssist and ShareFile are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and are or may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Work is no longer a place you go, it’s something you do. By delivering an intuitive experience that users love with security and controls that make it easy to manage information across organizations, ShareFile is empowering mobile workstyles.
Follow Us Online