Citrix Workspace app 2112 for Windows Technology Preview
Release Date: Nov 22, 2021
Citrix Workspace app 2112 for Windows
Version: 18.104.22.16811 (2112)Checksums
- SHA-256 - 483999fb8d72492fbe8860ece07b8f2d154f11b03e652248909cbc756fa38f97
Note: This is an Early Access Build shared for the purpose of testing/validation with the intent to make organizations ready for the upcoming release and is NOT advised to be deployed in production environments.
What's New in 2112
During an outage in the identity provider for workspace authentication, users might be unable to sign into Citrix Workspace through the Workspace app sign-in page.
The message Having trouble signing in? Use Workspace offline appears at the top of the Citrix Workspace app logon screen.
Clicking on Use Workspace offline will enumerate all the apps and desktops that have valid Connection Leases stored on the client device.
From this release, the message appears after 40 seconds time out. For more information, see Service continuity section in the Citrix Workspace documentation.
Improved ICA file security
In earlier releases, the ICA file downloads to the local disk when you launch a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops session.
With this release, we provide enhanced security in the way Citrix Workspace app handles ICA files during a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops session launch.
Citrix Workspace app now lets you store the ICA file in the system memory instead of the local disk. This feature aims to eliminate surface attacks and any malware that might misuse the ICA file when stored locally. This feature is also applicable on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops sessions that are launched on workspace for Web.
For more information, see Improved ICA file security section.
Adaptive audio update
Adaptive audio now works when using UDP audio delivery. The audio codecs for adaptive audio have also been updated. For more information, see Adaptive audio.
Microsoft Teams optimization
The following features are available only after the roll-out of a future update from Microsoft Teams.
When the update is rolled-out by Microsoft, you can check CTX253754 for the documentation update and the announcement.
- Multi-window chat and meetings for Microsoft Teams
Users can now use multiple windows for chat and meetings in Microsoft Teams (1.4.00.16771 or higher) when optimized by HDX in Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops. Users can pop out their conversations or meetings in a variety of ways. For details on the pop-out window feature, see Teams Pop-Out Windows for Chats and Meetings on the Microsoft Office 365 site.
If you're running an older version of Citrix Workspace app or VDA, be aware that Microsoft will deprecate the single-window code in the future. However, you will have a minimum of nine months after the feature is GA to upgrade to a version of the VDA/CWA that supports multiple windows (2112 and greater).
- Give control
To give control access of the shared screen to other users participating in the meeting through Give control button. The participant can make selections and modify the shared screen. You will both have control of the shared screen, and you can take back the control anytime.
- Take control
During sharing screen session, any participants can request control access through Request control button. The person sharing the screen can then approve or deny the request. When you have the control, you will be able to control the keyboard and mouse input on the screen shared and Release control to stop sharing control.
- Dynamic e911
Dynamic emergency calling for Microsoft Calling Plans, Operator Connect, and Direct Routing provides the capability to configure and route emergency calls and notify security personnel. The notification is provided based on the current location of the Citrix Workspace app running on the endpoint, instead of the Microsoft Teams client running on the VDA.
Ray Baum's law requires the 911 caller's dispatchable location to be transmitted to the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP). Starting from Citrix Workspace app 2112 for Windows, Microsoft Teams Optimization with HDX is compliant with Ray Baum's law.
Citrix Workspace Browser
This release of the Workspace Browser is based on Chromium version 95.
Fixed issues in 2112
Install, Uninstall, Upgrade
If you've installed Workspace app with a version earlier than 2109 as a user and the admin installs version 2109, an Entry point not found error message appears if you sign in to the device again as a user. When you click OK, the message disappears, and the Workspace app is updated to version 21.0.9. [RFWIN-25008]
- Citrix Workspace app authentication might fail after initialization when attempted using a smart card through Citrix Gateway. If you refresh the authentication process after 15 minutes, a 404-error message might appear in an embedded browser within Citrix Workspace. This results in the app being stuck in the authentication loop until you close and reopen the app. [RFWIN-25006]
- Adding a store with smartcard authentication might fail with this error message: This store doesn't exist. Please retry or contact support. [CVADHELP-18647]
- Performing enumeration of the application through Storebrowse adds null character between each character in the enumeration file. [CVADHELP-18773]
- When attempting to open an application if vPrefer option is enabled and one instance per user app limit is configured, a connection failure error might appear on the Citrix Director. [CVADHELP-17372]
- Citrix Workspace app might poll external beacons for internal stores. With this fix, external beacons are not polled when the store is used without the gateway. [CVADHELP-18275]
- When using App Protection with Citrix Workspace app for Windows 2109 or higher, performance of the graphics card might be poor. [CVADHELP-18831]
- On Citrix Workspace app for Windows 2109 and higher, desktop session might disconnect when legacy graphics mode is enabled. [CVADHELP-18718]
- After Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime auto-upgrade, Citrix Workspace app for Windows shows a blank screen. [RFWIN-25295]
- Citrix Workspace app stops working. [RFWIN-25301]
- Handle leaks in App protection components causes few processes to fail. [RFWIN-25358]
- In Microsoft Teams, screen sharing stops when you resize the session. [HDX-31858]
- In multi-monitor mode, a blank screen appears when you disconnect the display while sharing the screen in Microsoft Teams. [HDX-34733]
- While sharing your screen during a Microsoft Teams meeting, the red border indicating the shared screen appears across the screen. [HDX-34978]
- You experience call failures when a P2P call is made between Citrix Workspace app for Mac 2109 and Citrix Workspace app for Windows 2109. [HDX-35223]
- During the Microsoft Teams video call, the camera might flash. [HDX-36345]
Known issues in 2112
- If you are using Citrix Workspace app on Microsoft Windows 11 machines, Activity Feed and Actions tabs might be missing. [WSP-13311]
- If you have enabled Browser Content Redirection, you cannot sign into Google Meet. [HDX-34649]
As a workaround:
- Ensure that https://www.youtube.com/* is available in the Access Control List.
- Ensure that https://accounts.google.com/* is in the authentication sites list.
- Sign in to your Google account on any intermediary Google site, for example, YouTube
- From the same instance of Google Chrome, launch Google Meet.
- Sign out from Citrix Workspace app for Windows may not succeed when proxy authentication is enabled. [RFWIN-24813]
- While using Citrix Workspace Browser, you can’t take screenshot of unprotected URL windows even when protected windows are minimized. [CTXBR-1925]
Please share your feedback at https://podio.com/webforms/23781663/1719022