Citrix Workspace App Technology Preview for macOS
Release Date: Sep 10, 2020
- Optimization for Microsoft Teams Tech Preview: Optimization for desktop-based Microsoft Teams using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops and Citrix Workspace App. You should have crystal clear voice calls, video calls with minimized interruptions and latency. For more information, see Optimization for Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Teams redirection.
Note: Optimization for screen-sharing will be part of a future release.
- Kernel extensions for USB redirection: Citrix Workspace App 2009 for Mac is no longer dependent on kernel extensions (KEXT) for USB redirection. You may not notice it but this improves security, reliability and modernizes our generic USB redirection solution.
- This release addresses several issues that help to improve overall performance and stability.
- HDX RealTime Connector engine might exit unexpectedly when you turn on and turn off the camera in Microsoft Teams.
- Audio and video calls might disconnect when you switch networks in Microsoft Teams.
- HDX RealTime Connector engine might exit unexpectedly when you switch camera devices on a video call in Microsoft Teams.
- When you are using Citrix Workspace App for Mac on Big Sur Beta 6 (preview), audio calls might disconnect. This happens when you unplug and re-plug different audio devices during an audio call.
macOS Big Sur and Citrix Workspace App:
- Citrix Workspace App 2009 for Mac on macOS Big Sur Beta 6 is available with this Early access Release as a tech preview. Please test this preview and provide your valuable feedback.
CAUTION: Do not use Citrix Workspace App for Mac on macOS Big Sur Beta 6 in production environments.
- macOS 10.15
- Citrix Workspace App for Mac can be used on macOS Big Sur Beta 6 only on a tech preview basis. Do not use Citrix Workspace App for Mac on macOS Big Sur Beta 6 in production environments.
- Additional updates here : https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-mac/system-requirements.html
- For Microsoft Teams Optimizations : Make sure your VDA/DDC comply with the system requirements, described here: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/multimedia/opt-ms-teams.html#system-requirements
Please provide your feedback at https://podio.com/webforms/22969502/1632225