Citrix Workspace App 2112 Technology Preview for macOS
Release Date: Nov 23, 2021
What's new in 2112
- Support for custom Web stores
You can now access your organization's custom web store from the Citrix Workspace app for Mac. Previous to this release all customized stores could be accessed only through the browser.
With this feature the Citrix Workspace app for Mac loads the custom web stores with a browser-like experience. This also means that App Protection capabilities are now extended to custom web stores. Making custom portal accessible from the native Workspace App provides comprehensive capabilities and user experience for this feature. For more details about Global App Configuration Service, see Getting Started.
- Request control in Microsoft Teams
With this release, you can request control during a Microsoft Teams call when a participant is sharing the screen. Once you have control, you can make selections, edits, or other modifications to the shared screen.
To take control when a screen is being shared, click *Request control* at the top of the Microsoft Teams screen. The meeting participant who's sharing the screen can either allow or deny your request. When you're done, click *Release control*.
Note: This feature is available only after the roll-out of a future update from Microsoft Teams.
- Citrix Workspace Browser
This release of the Workspace Browser is based on Chromium version 95. For features or bugs fixes in Citrix Workspace Browser, see What's new in the Citrix Workspace Browser documentation.
Fixed issues in 2112
- The "Cannot connect to server error" appears when the transport protocol switches from Enlightened Data Transport (EDT) to TCP. [CVADHELP-18310]
- If a Progressive Web App (PWA) that is protected is opened on macOS, the *App Protection* policies aren't enforced. [RFMAC-10128]
Known issues in 2112
- No new issues have been observed in this release.
Please provide your feedback about this Early Access release.
To install and test an Early Access release:
1. Uninstall the existing version of Citrix Workspace app for Mac.
2. Install the Early Access release build.
You will receive a notification when a new RTW version is available. However, if you do not have Auto update enabled, install the latest version of Citrix Workspace app for Mac from the downloads page or select Check for updates on the Workspace icon on your Mac.