Citrix Workspace App for Chrome OS - Tech Preview
What new in 2205
Permit screen sharing of Citrix Workspace app content
For Microsoft Teams optimization, administrators can permit screen sharing of tabs and windows that are opened only through Citrix Workspace app on managed Chrome devices. With this feature, administrators can control end users’ action on sharing content that isn’t from the Citrix Workspace app.
This feature is available from Chrome version M98 and later.
To configure the settings, use Google policies as follows:
- Navigate to the Google Admin console > Settings > User & browser settings.
- Go to Screen video capture allowed by sites > Allow tab video capture (same site only) by these sites and enter the Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS app ID -lbfgakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag
Now, the end users can share content that are opened through Citrix Workspace app only.
Previously, client logs and console logs had to be collected separately. Starting with this release, the console logs are a part of client logs. The client logs are available in the log files.
For more information, see https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/troubleshoot.html#how-to-collect-logs.
Clipboard supports HTML format
Starting with this release, we have introduced support for HTML data sanitization, and we recommend using HTML format for clipboard operations where applicable.
For more information on how to set the policies, see https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/policies/reference/ica-policy-settings.html#client-clipboard-write-allowed-formats.
Email-based store discovery
You can now use your email ID to sign in and auto-populate the StoreFront store accounts. Click the drop-down menu to view the list of stores associated with your email. This feature aids in a better user experience.
Note: You can still use the store URL to sign in.
As an administrator, to maintain and auto-populate the store accounts, see https://developer.cloud.com/citrix-cloud/citrix-cloud-api-overview/docs/get-started-with-citrix-cloud-apis as a prerequisite.
Fixed issues in 2205
- When you start a desktop session using the ICA file, Citrix Workspace app logo appears instead of the desktop logo on the Chrome shelf.
Known issues in 2205
- Microsoft Teams call gets disconnected when a participant shares the screen and enables webcam. The issue occurs intermittently.
Steps to install Early Access Release for Citrix Workspace app Chrome OS
Action by customer's IT admin
1. On the StoreFront server, use a text editor to open the web.config file for the Receiver for Web site, which is located in the C: \inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\storenameWeb directory, where storename is the name specified for the store when it was created.
2. Locate the following element in the file. <html5 ... chromeAppOrigins="chrome-extension://haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem"... />
3. Change the value of the chromeAppOrigins attribute to chrome-extension://haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem|chrome-extension://lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag
lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag is the ID for the Early access release versions of Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS
Accessing the Early Access Release as an end-user
On Chrome Web Store, navigate to the "Citrix Workspace" with below link and click "Add to Chrome" as in the screenshot below https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/citrix-workspace/lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag
Now, you can launch this app and experience all the features released as part of the latest Early Access Release.
Citrix Workspace App 2205 for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - B24771ED7527172F4DDD13290C21DB2D7AF273E862AC03AF7FDC4E584EBA1942
Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS SDK 2205
- SHA-256 - 4DC7868D0725BB5A11FE09C250478832BAB47F1D9146AAF98B8CD68E656ED4FF
Documentation for Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS SDK 2205
- SHA-256 - D8088BA6C50A9BADC874C6AED04474A7617F9B57F96234DFF7360DD75952AFCB
Examples for Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS SDK 2205
- SHA-256 - B8692DBC1F51CD7313B9FEEBF315542A208777EBDDC167B90B23219E27510DFF
Virtual Channel SDK 2205 for Workspace app for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - 5A221BDFA50B8F97AB1C0A9676121A45B31D1CD39BC287C118CD4C23900F1D2D
Documentation for Virtual Channel SDK 2205 for Workspace app for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - 2756D5FBB103890D3243CAA57ED8AB86879DE88799E6E0E4C0A864005AADE2BB
Examples for Virtual Channel SDK 2205 for Workspace app for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - 2EEA660D9F9CA3A839ECFCD5B9E728BB1ADB0E37A55E891450693F9764EAF9F7