Citrix Workspace app for Chrome 2105 - Tech Preview
Release Date: Apr 19, 2021
What's new in 2105
This enhancement provides higher frame rates resulting in smoother interactive graphics and video playback.
Microsoft Teams support
Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS now lets you enjoy the following features of Microsoft Teams within virtual desktops and virtual app.
- Optimized audio calls
- Optimized video calls
- Optimized screen sharing
- Screen sharing currently allows sharing of the entire screen including that outside of your Citrix Workspace app. To avoid unintended data exposure, this feature is disabled by default but can be enabled through the Google admin policy.
- When you change the Citrix Studio policy to enable or disable optimization, log off from the VDA and log back on for your changes to take effect.
- Video calls are supported only on the primary monitor. If you try to move your Microsoft Teams call to a different monitor in your virtual desktop session, only audio calls are supported. You might not be able to see participant videos nor your own.
- App sharing is currently not supported.
To enable screen sharing:
To enable screen sharing using the Google admin policy, change the screen sharing value to true for msTeamsOptimization as follows:
'screenSharing' : true
Fixed issues in 2105
- Participant videos might not appear properly, and you might see static video images of the participants during your Microsoft Teams optimized call. With this release, participant videos appear properly, and you might see fewer static video images. [RFHTMCRM-5063]
- When you enable multi-factor authentication for cloud stores, you might not be able to log in even after entering your credentials. [CVADHELP-15312]
- When audio or camera names contain special characters such as trademark or copyright symbols, you might not be able to start or receive the Microsoft Teams optimized calls. [RFHTMCRM-5067]
- You cannot select and use your built-in webcam while your external webcam is connected during Microsoft Teams optimized calls. [RFHTMCRM-5111]
- When using a published app that is able to print using the Print Screen key in a client session, pages print twice. [RFHTMCRM-5085] and [CVADHELP-17119]
Known issues in 2105
When you change your audio devices in audio settings during a Microsoft Teams optimized audio or video call, audio might not work. [RFHTMCRM-5121]
How to access the Tech preview app:
- This app can currently only be accessed via Chrome web store.
- You need to whitelist the app at Storefront level to test it.
Steps to whitelist app in the storefront:
- On the StoreFront server, use a text editor to open the web.config file for the Receiver for Web site, which is typically located in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\storenameWeb directory, where storename is the name specified for the store when it was created.
- Locate the following element in the file. <html5 ... chromeAppOrigins="chrome-extension://haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem" ... />
- Change the value of the chromeAppOrigins attribute to chrome extension://haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem|chrome-extension://lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag where lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag– is the appID for the private application. This should whitelist the application in the storefront.
Note: If you are a Citrix Cloud/Workspace platform customer, you do not need to whitelist the app its already whitelisted.
Tech Preview release documentation.
Please note that while Citrix will evaluate all issues reported during the Tech Preview phase, we reserve the right to determine which issues will be fixed for that release.
Kindly provide your feedback here.
Thank you for participating in the Citrix Workspace app for Chrome Tech Preview Program!
Citrix Workspace app 2105 for Chrome
- SHA-256 - 82AB17A8D753F699A324F644B6BE7C8FCD1C3C1AE90F514D8D5570D3DF729CD0
Citrix Workspace app for Chrome SDK 2105
- SHA-256 - 6AA567391FD06D2528E326584A71CA1F4858ABAEC3EB359FE6CB14E27519EFC5
Documentation for Citrix Workspace app for Chrome SDK 2105
- SHA-256 - 5791DBD15DD8004AF8A18AE28077D0EF9A4133B3A0CB5E21E97DC2299B37DF00
Examples for Citrix Workspace app for Chrome SDK 2105
- SHA-256 - 19CA31234CE61B2FD56A8CD4CDE7A8DE44671F7B7857735D879F422CDFF7807C
Virtual Channel SDK 2105 for Workspace app for Chrome
- SHA-256 - 7AAA831EF9998855B41B8E3691016A19973C10C66CB8E886201D87F2B015E380
Documentation for Virtual Channel SDK 2105 for Workspace app for Chrome
- SHA-256 - F82A9F2111E65CB4DAF3B2F2092B5C89F4723F5E4B293FCBD5449D3ED1990A4F
Examples for Virtual Channel SDK 2105 for Workspace app for Chrome
- SHA-256 - 5EDB06B46F4F5F816FB39067626D2F66A0F3B749FBD9EDBE010A608101064FE0