Our Corporate Citizenship efforts empower the workforce of the future by partnering with nonprofit organizations that inspire today’s youth to pursue careers in technology education.
Girls Who Code
Citrix has partnered with Girls Who Code over several years in a variety of ways. We have sponsored the Summer Immersion program for high school girls and are a founding member of the College Loop program, supporting college students. We most recently worked with Girls Who Code on a matching donation fundraising effort in support of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Fort Lauderdale Museum of Discovery and Science
Citrix is the Innovation Partner for the Fort Lauderdale Museum of Discovery and Science and the newly-created Makerspace exhibit. This exhibit addresses the community’s growing need for STEM education. It offers students and visitors a variety of formal and informal learning activities ranging from robotics and electronics to 3D printing.
In addition to donating 10,000 STEM kits made by Citrix customers, partners and employees, Citrix supports STEM education by sponsoring Battle Bots competitions. Students from underserved schools get to build, code and battle their robots to inspire the next generation of future technologists.
Since 2016, Citrix India has contributed approximately $800K USD to help communities in need. We have created meaningful and measurable impact in the areas of education, healthcare, environment and sustainability, disability programs, child care, women in tech, tech incubators and support for Olympic athletes across marginalized states of the country.
It is wonderful to collaborate with such a sensitive and understanding funder like Citrix. The volunteers transformed the drab looking government school with the simple act of paint and hard work.
Usha S Shetty
As COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to impact people and organizations around the world, the health and safety of Citrix employees, customers, partners, and communities remain our top priority. The Corporate Citizenship COVID-19 Relief and Recovery fund was created to support global nonprofits affected by this pandemic. These donations helped to provide a number of critical services in our communities:
These donations helped to provide a number of critical services in our communities:
Students supported through digital learning and training
Medical and PPE supplies provided
People who received health and human services like rental assistance and financial support
Veterans, disabled persons, homeless and at-risk youth who received aid
Major donations were made to the organizations below in our primary locations where the maximum number of Citrix employees live and work. They were intended to support the biggest needs in those locations and have the most impact in the communities seriously impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Santa Clara, U.S. – Supplied protective equipment to this county hospital that actively supports vulnerable populations like children, the elderly, people with disabilities, those with chronic illnesses, low-income earners and immigrants.
Fort Lauderdale, U.S – Provided meals for 2,000 adults for 2 weeks and enhanced the capacity of local food banks within United Way’s Project Lifeline network by doubling the pounds of fresh, nutritious food delivered weekly. Approximately 90,000-105,000 individuals are served per month with food boxes/bags.
Raleigh, U.S. – Provided one month of critical food elements for marginalized communities. Supported Mobile Markets with meal production like frozen meals, food boxes, supplements bag. Provided nutritious meals for 2,900 individuals per week for 4 weeks; Established a Restaurant Partnership Program to provide 800 family-sized meals per week for 4 weeks.
Supported the Code at Home Program and offered a Citrix match during Giving Tuesday Now.
Bangalore, India – 91% of the funding provided will support the immediate material needs of 2,740 families of migrant laborers across India for the period of one month (the average family size to be 5 to 6 members). The remaining 9% of the funding will help 100 families gain back their livelihoods by supporting in ways to sustain their family.
Joint philanthropy venture between Cigna and New York Life. This donation provided financial support to the families of healthcare workers who lose their lives to COVID-19.
Citrix is making significant investments into a comprehensive Racial Equity and Social Justice Program. Our community outreach campaign will include college scholarships, partnerships with social justice nonprofits and localized adopt-a-school programs for minority at-risk students.
In June 2020, employee donations, matched by Citrix, contributed greatly to a variety of social justice organizations. These donations assisted 275 nonprofits with their racial equality work and engaged almost 300 employees to donate for racial equality.