Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS 2106.5 - Tech Preview
Release Date: Jun 16, 2021
What’s new in 2106.5
Microsoft Teams support
With this release, you can use the following features of Microsoft Teams for virtual desktop and virtual app sessions:
- Optimized audio calls.
- Optimized video calls.
- Optimized screen sharing.
It is supported only on VDA versions 1906 and later.
- To troubleshoot, and to change Microsoft Teams to optimized from un-optimized within your client session, see Troubleshooting for Microsoft Teams optimization.
- Screen sharing currently allows sharing of the entire screen, including areas outside of Citrix Workspace app. To avoid unintended data exposure, this feature is disabled by default but can be enabled through the Google admin policy. For more information, see Microsoft Teams optimization settings.
- During screen sharing using Microsoft Teams optimization, the red border around the shared window does not appear.
- Video calls are supported only on the primary monitor. If you try to move your Microsoft Teams call to a different monitor in your virtual desktop session, only audio calls are supported. You might not be able to see participant videos nor your own.
- App sharing is currently not supported.
Microsoft Teams optimization settings
To enable screen sharing:
To enable screen sharing using the Google admin policy, change the screen sharing value to true for msTeamsOptimization as follows:
"screenSharing" : true
To enable screen sharing for Bring your own device (BYOD) users:
Follow these steps and change the configuration using the Web.config file:
- Open the web.config file for the Citrix Receiver for Web site. This file is typically located in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\storenameWeb, where storename is the name specified for the store when it was created.
- Locate the chromeAppPreferences field and set its value with the configuration as a JSON string.
Troubleshooting for Microsoft Teams optimization:
To change Microsoft Teams to optimized from un-optimized within your client sessions, do the following:
1. Quit Microsoft Teams by right-clicking the Microsoft Teams icon, then click Quit. Relaunch Microsoft Teams.
2. If this does not work, log off from the session and log back on.
3. If logging off and logging back on does not work, clear the cache in the directory C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams on the VDA, then restart Teams.
For more information, see Troubleshooting: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX316252.
Fixed issues in 2106.5
- Sessions do not support multi-monitor mode if you set the display resolution to any mode other than DPR (Device Pixel Ratio) and auto-fit.
- Attempts to launch Microsoft Teams optimized sessions on a Chromebook with 32-bit operating system might fail.
- Applications launched inside the virtual desktop on a Chromebook might display visual artifacts.
Known issues in 2106.5
No new known issues have been observed in this release.
How to access the Tech preview app:
- This app can currently only be accessed via Chrome web store.
- You need to whitelist the app at Storefront level to test it.
Steps to whitelist app in the storefront:
- On the StoreFront server, use a text editor to open the web.config file for the Receiver for Web site, which is typically located in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\storenameWeb directory, where storename is the name specified for the store when it was created.
- Locate the following element in the file. <html5 ... chromeAppOrigins="chrome-extension://haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem" ... />
- Change the value of the chromeAppOrigins attribute to chrome extension://haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem|chrome-extension://lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag where lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag– is the appID for the private application. This should whitelist the application in the storefront.
Note: If you are a Citrix Cloud/Workspace platform customer, you do not need to whitelist the app its already whitelisted.
Tech Preview release documentation.
Please note that while Citrix will evaluate all issues reported during the Tech Preview phase, we reserve the right to determine which issues will be fixed for that release.
Kindly provide your feedback here.
Thank you for participating in the Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS Tech Preview Program!
Citrix Workspace app 2106.5 for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - 31CD528680A570C1DB5886A50654BE28BB9E481757A5601D5F4A67149F455F05
Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS SDK 2106.5
- SHA-256 - 525C6FB225D810D22D29757E97F8744015FBFA1826D4BA6602E759CA5894A5C2
Documentation for Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS SDK 2106.5
- SHA-256 - A1D54C2D18970CCCACA8826ACFBB96993C06191D3006F6ABC050344D09554610
Examples for Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS SDK 2106.5
- SHA-256 - 9CEF31ADFAD00EE797B6BEDB0D24C55E6DF2A5AB65FFA7431BEBDA76419375A4
Virtual Channel SDK 2106.5 for Workspace app for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - 9D412803A1EBF8D18238139106FA91B0AA31B506CFEA531156474E188B099402
Documentation for Virtual Channel SDK 2106.5 for Workspace app for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - 966362AAC0FE57BEF56DEAE225054201B3CC3F1E29F47C99FC0F47F4BC5FA2FE
Examples for Virtual Channel SDK 2106.5 for Workspace app for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - CEE1DE1EE654FF7D2803F59ABBB5DCE37A1AEA93C99C1B0AE74BA0CF2B3BFE24