Citrix Workspace App 2108 for HTML5 - Tech Preview
Release Date: Jul 28, 2021
What’s new in 2108
You can now make and receive calls within your Citrix Workspace app sessions. Earlier, audio redirection was limited to audio-out. Audio-out lets you listen to only the audio being played inside the sessions.
The newly available microphone (audio-in) feature is supported on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browsers.
- Use headsets for optimal audio quality.
- Sometimes, the audio quality isn't smooth on constrained networks. For such scenarios, we recommend that you set audio quality to Medium or Low in Citrix Studio.
- When launching a session for the first time, the browser asks for permission to use your microphone and then remembers your preference going forward for the particular store.
- At times, you might see an error message stating, “The microphone couldn’t be opened.” Disconnect and reconnect to the session for the microphone to be redirected.
- At times, when the session auto-reconnects after network disruption, the Microsoft Teams application might have difficulty utilizing the microphone for some duration. As a workaround, wait for some time, or quit and reconnect to the meeting.
- Audio features require a secure context to work. They are supported on stores based on ‘https.’ We also recommend - in general - that stores be based on ‘https.’
- With VDA versions 2008 and earlier, you might see audio not working on the Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browsers. We recommend that you move to a later VDA version. For more information, see Audio.
- Bidirectional audio is available on video conferencing apps such as Microsoft Teams within the Workspace app.
You can now start using webcams, both built-in and external, within Citrix Workspace app for HTML5 virtual desktop and app sessions.
Webcam support is available now on the Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browsers.
- When launching a session for the first time (from a store), a prompt appears requesting permission to use your camera.
- Camera features require a secure context to work. They are supported on stores based on ‘https.’ We also recommend - in general - that stores be based on ‘https.’
- Webcam support is available on video conferencing apps such as Microsoft Teams within the Workspace app.
This enhancement provides higher frame rates. As a result, interactive graphics and video playback are smoother. Currently, this enhancement is limited to the Mozilla Firefox browser.
Fixed issues in 2108
- Attempts to print documents using the Citrix PDF printer might fail. For more information, see PDF Printing.
- Applications launched inside the virtual desktop and app on a Chromebook might display visual artifacts.
- You cannot type characters in Notepad in Citrix Workspace app for HTML5 sessions launched in Mozilla Firefox on a MacBook.
- On iOS devices, you can type only English language characters in sessions opened using Apple Safari browsers through the Linux VDA. Attempts to type other supported language characters such as CJK, Russian, and accented characters such as in Spanish and French don’t work.
- You might see rectangular blocks across the screen while using certain apps like Microsoft Excel. The issue might occur in sessions running on earlier VDA versions.
- When you press the Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C, Ctrl +V, or Ctrl + X keys while using CJK languages, indefinite strings of characters appear, such as "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa." The issue occurs with sessions running on the Linux VDA.
- With the Legacy graphics policy enabled, sessions running on Microsoft Windows might display visual artifacts. The issue occurs with VDA versions 7.6 through 7.15.
Known issues in 2108
When Use Video Codec for Compression is set to For the Entire Screen in Citrix Studio, a multi-monitor session might render incorrectly. We recommend changing the setting to Use when preferred in multi-monitor sessions.
If you are using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops versions that are currently unsupported, you might see black screens or graphics artifacts. For more information on supported versions, see https://www.citrix.com/support/product-lifecycle/product-matrix.html. We also recommend setting the Legacy Graphics Mode to Disabled.
How to install Citrix Workspace app for HTML5:
1. Download CitrixHTML5Client-x64.exe from Citrix download page.
2. Copy CitrixHTML5Client-x64.exe to the StoreFront machine.
3. Install CitrixHTML5Client-x64.exe as an administrator.
4. Refresh the StoreFront console.
Tech Preview release documentation
Kindly provide your feedback here
Citrix Workspace app 2108 for HTML5
- SHA-256 - 2C6C954D65134539C69DDE1CB3111293A0D3A2D07935DDC08E91C0F07CFF66FD
Citrix Workspace app 2108 for HTML5 for hosting
- SHA-256 - 6A10E32063CF336C30CEC94DB7FF37A58581D897A65351552C7D03A7AFC2E22A
Citrix Workspace app SDK 2108 for HTML5
- SHA-256 - 6095666969EC8074D88056645E4FADAF91060A9052F8127C61B7C5E5AA68E2CC
- SHA-256 - 1BF2A4A54F6D03DDB44141A269340ADA0816E6C5A9A750C5A3E56698B2E53A1A