Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS 2106 - Tech Preview
Release Date: May 18, 2021
What's new in 2106
External webcam support
You can now select and use any of your external webcams for Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS video calls. The workspace app detects any external webcam that is connected and makes it available for use. Earlier, support was limited to only built-in webcams.
External webcam support extends to all third-party apps like Microsoft Teams within the workspace.
Fixed issues in 2106
When you change your audio devices in audio settings during a Microsoft Teams optimized audio or video call, audio might not work.
Known issues in 2106
No new known issues have been observed in this release.
How to access the Tech preview app:
- This app can currently only be accessed via Chrome web store.
- You need to whitelist the app at Storefront level to test it.
Steps to whitelist app in the storefront:
- On the StoreFront server, use a text editor to open the web.config file for the Receiver for Web site, which is typically located in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\storenameWeb directory, where storename is the name specified for the store when it was created.
- Locate the following element in the file. <html5 ... chromeAppOrigins="chrome-extension://haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem" ... />
- Change the value of the chromeAppOrigins attribute to chrome extension://haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem|chrome-extension://lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag where lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag– is the appID for the private application. This should whitelist the application in the storefront.
Note: If you are a Citrix Cloud/Workspace platform customer, you do not need to whitelist the app its already whitelisted.
Tech Preview release documentation.
Please note that while Citrix will evaluate all issues reported during the Tech Preview phase, we reserve the right to determine which issues will be fixed for that release.
Kindly provide your feedback here.
Thank you for participating in the Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS Tech Preview Program!
Citrix Workspace app 2106 for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - 61C76C57434BD7D4D47BE97B7B67E0FFCE36B25B91146CA7105DA3285F7EC5B4
Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS SDK 2106
- SHA-256 - EBD54F6A5D53DA841C579B5C8203C3DEDB2B758A23C164F4EF8DD75CC39C2509
Documentation for Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS SDK 2106
- SHA-256 - 92D061804FDF75705F65CBFB1870A91DB177FD853CDC745E17682007D70BA0C2
Examples for Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS SDK 2106
- SHA-256 - 89DDAAEE7EA3443CE9BF09C935E4FC7AE58F5F49FAE791F43B4F524A8E05A122
Virtual Channel SDK 2106 for Workspace app for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - 8538190CEB61319135D9772B8CB6E97099C610AAD1513BA26C00A9ABE40D122C
Documentation for Virtual Channel SDK 2106 for Workspace app for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - AF662129520B125D952071ED310B0680DC8EFE17F4575C894BF7B16DC9256F76
Examples for Virtual Channel SDK 2106 for Workspace app for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - C3053AACFE19A560E54F26C9DC49D5FD728460A121B69960BCCEE2371EB5B003