Benefits of enterprise file sync and sharing
Secure file sharing
When companies don’t provide a file sync and sharing service, what often happens is employees use their own personal tools they’re familiar with. IT has no control over how data is being stored or shared, and may not be aware of compromised data until it’s too late. This can be even more risky when employees use their own tools to share files with third parties.
An EFSS service combines the convenience and simplicity of a personal file-sharing service with enterprise-oriented features to increase productivity for users — as well as increase security, flexibility and control for IT. Some services include advanced security controls businesses and compliance regulations, including:
- On-premises or cloud storage options
- Granular access control, secure authentication protocols, and authorization policies
- Remote wipe, device lock, passcode protection, white/black listings and data expiration policies
- Real-time tracking and auditing of user activity
- Integration with enterprise directory services to simplify authentication and user provisioning
- Upload and download restrictions, file expiration dates, and restricted access based on network location
People are no longer limited to a single corporate-owned device or office location to get work done. Today’s increasingly mobile workforce expects to be able to access what they need, from any device or location, with a consumer-like experience.
EFSS services enable mobile work styles by allowing users to sync files across all their devices and easily access what they need from anywhere.
Data loss prevention and disaster recovery
When data is centrally stored and managed with an EFSS service, your data is better protected from data leakage, whether from a cybersecurity attack, a lost or stolen device, or employee error. EFSS services make it easy to keep data backed up and secure.
Document workflows and collaboration
More EFSS services are evolving to include workflow and content collaboration capabilities, including:
- Document management to ensure the safe exchange of internal and external-facing documents, including contracts, proposals, training tools, onboarding paperwork, performance reviews, marketing collateral, sales presentations, and product information
- Legally binding e-signatures
- Automated notifications to remind users to review and/or approve requests
- Workflow automation with built-in co-authoring and feedback and approval processes
- Version control so employees can track document changes across multiple data sources and devices
Learn more about how Citrix can help with your enterprise file sync and sharing or content collaboration needs.
Mobile Productivity and File Sync and Sharing
Ensuring Secure File Sharing and Storage
Flexible Data Storage Options with EFSS