Citrix Workspace app for Chrome 2008 - Tech Preview
Release Date: Aug 18, 2020
What's new in 2008
Citrix Workspace app for Chrome optimizes the user experience with sessions by enabling you to use up to three monitors. The monitors can have the resolution of up to 1920x1080. This optimization also improves overall performance and stability. In earlier versions, when a session was running on multiple monitors on a Chromebook, you experienced sluggish performance.
Audio performance Improvement
In earlier releases, you might hear a crackling sound when listening to audio. The user will now see much smoother audio quality.
- Audio playback might unexpectedly stop working in a session. To work around the issue, reconnect the session. [CVADHELP-15186]
- Attempts to launch applications might fail. The issue occurs when you connect to a cloud store enabled with Citrix Gateway service by using Citrix Workspace app for HTML5. [RFHTMCRM-3530]
- In multi-monitor mode, screen corruption might be observed intermittently. The issue occurs when you drag applications. The issue occurs with XenDesktop 7.6 VDAs running Windows 2012 R2. [RFHTMCRM-3550]
- When you launch a seamless session in multi-monitor mode, your screen might fail to refresh. The issue occurs if you drag an application in the Chrome shelf and then drag it back to the original position. [RFHTMCRM-3579]
- With legacy graphics mode enabled (such as XenApp 6.5) in multi-monitor mode, texts might be corrupted. [RFHTMCRM-3586]
Access the Tech Preview app:
This app can currently only be accessed via Chrome web store.
You need to whitelist the app at Storefront level to test it.
Steps to whitelist app in the storefront:
- On the StoreFront server, use a text editor to open the web.config file for the Receiver for Web site, which is typically located in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\storenameWeb directory, where storename is the name specified for the store when it was created.
- Locate the following element in the file. <html5 ... chromeAppOrigins="chrome-extension://haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem" ... />
- Change the value of the chromeAppOrigins attribute to chrome-extension://haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem|chrome-extension://lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag where lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag– is the appID for the private application. This should whitelist the application in the storefront.
Note: if you are a Citrix Cloud/Workspace platform customer, you do not need to whitelist the app its already whitelisted.
TechPreview release documentation.
Please note that while Citrix will evaluate all issues reported during the Tech Preview phase, we reserve the right to determine which issues will be fixed for that release.
Kindly provide your feedback here.
Thank you for participating in the Citrix Workspace app for Chrome Tech Preview Program!