Citrix Workspace App 2110 for Chrome OS - Tech Preview
Release Date: Oct 6, 2021
What’s new in 2110
Optimized Microsoft Teams video calls and screen sharing on external monitors
On your external monitor, you can now use the following features of Microsoft Teams during calls.
- Optimized video
- Optimized screen sharing
These features are available for Microsoft Teams calls within virtual desktops as well as calls made through the Microsoft Teams virtual app, when you place the Teams windows on an external monitor. Previously, if you moved your optimized Teams windows to an external monitor, only the audio portion of calls was supported.
This enhancement requires VDA version 1906 or later.
- If you are on HTTP-based stores, for a secure context, we recommend that you transition to HTTPS-based stores. For more information, see HTTPS.
Note (Removal of Secure ICA support):
- To prevent interruption of access to virtual apps and desktops in November 2021, please ensure you uncheck Secure ICA from Delivery Group settings. For more information about disabling Secure ICA, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX269160. Support for Secure ICA is deprecated starting January 1, 2022. For a more secure alternative, use TLS (Transport Layer Security). For more information, see https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/secure/tls.html.
Fixed issues in 2110
- On devices where only intranet access is allowed, sessions might not launch or there might be a delay.
- In multi-monitor mode, the session might close intermittently. As a workaround, start the session again.
- When you click Disconnect on your toolbar or through HDX SDK for Chrome OS disconnect API, your desktop and app session windows might not close. This issue occurs after disabling the seamless virtual channel.
- You might see disconnection of sessions in Citrix Workspace app 2108 and 2109 for Chrome OS. The issue occurs in VDA version 7.15.
Known issues in 2110
No new issues have been observed in this release.
How to access the Tech preview app:
- This app can currently only be accessed via Chrome web store.
- You need to whitelist the app at Storefront level to test it.
Steps to whitelist app in the storefront:
1. On the StoreFront server, use a text editor to open the web.config file for the Receiver for Web site, which is typically located in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\storenameWeb directory, where storename is the name specified for the store when it was created.
2. Locate the following element in the file. <html5 ... chromeAppOrigins="chrome-extension://haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem" ... />
3. Change the value of the chromeAppOrigins attribute to chrome extension://haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem|chrome-extension://lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag where lbfgjakkeeccemhonnolnmglmfmccaag– is the appID for the private application. This should whitelist the application in the storefront.
Note: If you are a Citrix Cloud/Workspace platform customer, you do not need to whitelist the app its already whitelisted.
Tech Preview release documentation.
Please note that while Citrix will evaluate all issues reported during the Tech Preview phase, we reserve the right to determine which issues will be fixed for that release.
Kindly provide your feedback here.
Thank you for participating in the Citrix Workspace app for Chrome Tech Preview Program!
Citrix Workspace app 2110 for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - 4003C4D3BDE1F577824FA3A422C29FA608616FF3C18366F8C67F97DC0759481A
Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS SDK 2110
- SHA-256 - FE47193BCDC798240057C1C0F087FE7DEF802141316439CD34E4D645123F95EE
Documentation for Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS SDK 2110
- SHA-256 - 79A0F985085D06BE194024488591D20E9F320AF9323DDF411E83B842AD6CAE92
Examples for Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS SDK 2110
- SHA-256 - D57D2143D5B748FA01C1AD4DD7DDC146F89B55D333FFD8F4521197CCDEFCF009
Virtual Channel SDK 2110 for Workspace app for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - EA1E2EEAF8A11DD36AB2CE0A4BED15AED19D0928E8D6C8A25DB2A2135FD0132A
Documentation for Virtual Channel SDK 2110 for Workspace app for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - 2E285B98C9B50D03161DAA58A5BEF72CAF5DA43ABFEC8EDFCE59A08576E96D5A
Examples for Virtual Channel SDK 2110 for Workspace app for Chrome OS
- SHA-256 - E3F40E776186949E6B4F4E5D841FF427D3BC20BCAF2EA69EA1B78467CB15CB35