Large Scale NAT64
of the imminent exhaustion of IPv4 addresses, ISPs have started
transitioning to IPv6 infrastructure. But during the transition, ISPs
must continue to support IPv4 along with IPv6, because most of the
public Internet still uses IPv4. Large scale NAT64 is an IPv6
transition solution for ISPs with IPv6 infrastructure to connect their
IPv6-only subscribers to the IPv4 Internet. DNS64 is a solution for
enabling discovery of IPv4-only domains by IPv6-only clients. DNS64 is
used with large scale NAT64 to enable seamless communication between
IPv6-only clients and IPv4-only servers.
appliance implements large scale NAT64 and DNS64 and is compliant with
RFCs 6145, 6146, 6147, 6052, 3022, 2373, 2765, and 2464.
The following lists some of the large scale NAT64 features supported on NetScaler appliance:
- ALGs: Support of application Layer Gateway (ALG) for SIP, RTSP, FTP, ICMP, and TFTP protocols.
- Deterministic/Fixed NAT: Support for pre-allocation of blocks of ports to subscribers to minimize logging.
Mapping: Support of Endpoint-independent mapping (EIM),
Address-dependent mapping (ADM), and Address-Port dependent mapping
- Filtering: Support of Endpoint-Independent
Filtering (EIF), Address-Dependent Filtering (ADF), and
Address-Port-Dependent Filtering (APDF).
- Quotas: Configurable limits on number of ports, sessions per subscriber, and sessions per LSN group.
- Static Mapping: Support for manually defining a large scale NAT64 mapping.
- Hairpinning Flow: Support for communication between subscribers or internal hosts using NAT IP addresses.
464XLAT connections: Support for communication between IPv4-only aware
applications on IPv6 subscriber hosts and IPv4 hosts on the Internet
through IPv6 network.
- Variable length NAT64 and DNS64
prefixes: The NetScaler appliance supports defining NAT64 and DNS64
prefixes of lengths of 32, 40, 48, 56, 64, and 96.
- Multiple NAT64 and DNS64 prefix: The NetScaler appliance supports multiple NAT64 and DNS64 prefixes.
LSN Clients: Support for specifying or identifying subscribers for
large scale NAT64 by using IPv6 prefixes and extended ACL6 rules.
- Logging: Support for logging NAT64 sessions for law enforcement. In addition, the following are also supported for logging.
Reliable SYSLOG: Support for sending SYSLOG messages over TCP to
external log servers for a more reliable transport mechanism.
Load balancing of log servers: Support for load balancing of external
log servers for preventing storage of redundant log messages.
Minimal Logging: Deterministic LSN configurations or Dynamic LSN
configurations with port block significantly reduce the large scale
NAT64 log volume.
-- Logging MSISDN information: Support for
including subscribers' MSISDN information in large scale NAT64 logs to
identify and track subscriber activity over the Internet.
more information, see