A couple of months ago a friend of mine asked “What’s your favorite kind of beer”? I answered, “Free beer, of course!” Let’s be honest, who doesn’t like getting free stuff? Having worked the trade show circuit for many years, I know first-hand the lengths that people will go to get something for free, even if it’s just a Citrix pen. Kind of scary, actually.
Today, Citrix has a new free offer and it’s a heck of a lot better than a pen (not that there’s anything wrong with pens). For the next 90 days, customers who purchase a 3-year Workspace Premium subscription will get the fourth year for free! Additionally, all existing promotions, term discounts, and volume discounts still apply. Think of it as a deal on top of a deal. For more information, click HERE.
For the month of March, the product teams were busy as usual. Just yesterday we had a release of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, a core component of the Citrix Workspace. Some of the highlights include:
- Active Use reporting — In the Citrix Cloud License Usage page, admins will now get Monthly Active Use trends over a 12-month period, and Daily Active Use trends over a 30-day period.
- Linux VDA enhancements — Fast Smart Card support improvements, the ability to display Linux VDA information in the Citrix Director and Ubuntu support.
- HDX enhancements — Windows Ink support, 3X improvement in Cloud Connector scalability, SSL support for Citrix Universal Print Server, and my personal favorite, the ability to copy and paste between local endpoints and virtual sessions.
- For more detailed descriptions and information on this release please check out the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops “What’s New” blog.
Tech Preview — Multi-Factor authentication with token-based one-time password (TOTP)
Also new this month, the Citrix Workspace platform now supports multi-factor authentication capability across all workspace services. This helps to enforce stricter authentication requirements on end users while preventing any unauthorized access. This capability is delivered natively from Citrix Workspace and does not require any third-party authentication service.
With these new capabilities, customers can configure user authentication with on-premises Active Directory + One-time password. Once enabled, end users can enroll their devices using an on-screen wizard. Token-based, one-time passwords can be generated on laptops (MacOS, Windows) and mobile devices (iOS, Android, Windows) using Citrix SSO app. This app can be downloaded from www.citrix.com or from Google Play and Apple App stores. Users can also use Google authenticator, or Microsoft Authenticator apps for generating passwords.
Support for new policies with Citrix Endpoint Management
With Citrix Endpoint Management, our unified endpoint management solution, IT can leverage modern management to secure and deploy a diverse set of endpoints in their environment. Citrix Endpoint Management leverages platform policies to deliver a people-centric and secure approach to managing endpoints. This month, we’ve introduced new policies around Android Enterprise (AE), such as the ability to lock and reset passwords or collecting an inventory of AE apps on managed devices. To help simplify management for admins, we have added support for Samsung Knox on Android Enterprise policy unification, combining Knox and AE into a unified device and profile management solution. Admins can now configure Knox settings on the AE page, whether it’s controlling Samsung EFOTA updates or setting passcode device policies to name a few. For a complete list of the new policies, including federated authentication for workspace enabled customers, visit What’s New Citrix Endpoint Management.
Citrix Synergy 2019 in Atlanta Georgia — Sign-up and build your schedule today!
Finally, Citrix Synergy 2019 in Atlanta Georgia is just around the corner. As usual, we’re planning a lot of really exciting announcements as well as some fun activities and informative learning sessions. A key theme this year is how the Citrix Workspace can maximize employee experience and productivity while simplifying IT using automation and intelligence. Some sessions I’m really looking forward to include:
- SYN140: IT + HR: the new BFFs on the block, building a powerful partnership for the future of work
- SYN141: Learn how the intelligent Citrix Workspace organizes, guides and automates work
- SYN130: Future of work
- And of course the entire series of “Geeks Guide to the workspace” which will be standing room only!
If you’re already booked for Synergy, you can start building your schedule now!
If you haven’t already registered it’s not too late. You can register HERE. This is an event you’re not going to want to miss. We hope to see you there!