This is a guest post from Russell Wine, VP of Sales at SEP Software
A Citrix partner since 2009, SEP Software has built a relationship with Citrix to offer data-secure virtual environments. Citrix offers comprehensive virtualization and cloud solutions to power the future of work and help drive digital transformation for businesses.
Citrix Hypervisor is the leading virtualization management platform optimized for application, desktop, and server virtualization infrastructures. Consolidation and containment of workloads on Citrix Hypervisor enables organizations of any vertical or size to transform their business IT compute infrastructures, and has state-of-the-art new features like Hypervisor Introspection to protect against modern security threats
Since becoming Citrix Ready certified, SEP has successfully provided robust data protection for the Citrix Hypervisor-based environment. With one simple click, SEP will restore files, application data, a virtual machine, or your complete Citrix Hypervisor-based environment to the same or different hypervisor, physical machine, or cloud.
Why Is Backup & Recovery Essential Today?
- Ransomware is a common threat that can strike at any moment
- Physical disasters happen, and data is accidentally deleted
- Your hardware will fail at some point — yes, even if you are 100 percent virtualized or in the cloud, your VMs are tied to a physical device somewhere along the chain of command
- Failure to back up will cost you money
- Regular verified backups are your insurance policy to retain customers
Regardless of the size of your organization, regular verified backups are essential to your company’s security and progress. If you are a smaller business, the impact of data loss might be particularly painful. But any size organization is risking far-reaching consequences if data is corrupted, lost or stolen.
The shift to virtual and cloud technologies has made data access better and faster, which has allowed companies to keep working through IT maintenance, updates, and changes. But this also means that your data recovery should also be better and faster. If you are living in a 100 percent virtualized world, it’s even more important to have quicker data recovery.
Citrix Ready Verified
SEP software for Citrix Hypervisor provides fast and efficient backups for virtual machines (VMs) running on Citrix Hypervisor. SEP’s patented Multi-Streaming Technology backs up multiple streams simultaneously. An entire company infrastructure can be managed by a single, fully integrated interface for physical, virtual, and cloud environments. SEP’s backup and recovery solution for Citrix Hypervisor provides:
- Built-in encryption capabilities
- Agentless backups
- VM backup consistency
- Change block tracking (CBT)
- License activation loss prevention
- O/S-, platform-, and hardware-independent software that will integrate with your infrastructure
- Simple backup management with a single console for Citrix Hypervisor and the entire enterprise
SEP Backup Methods
All backup methods are fully accessible from and integrated into the SEP central interface, which integrates with and communicates directly with the Citrix API. There are several ways to backup VMs on Citrix Hypervisor with SEP:
- Online Normal Backup — Complete backup of VM and its memory without interruption to the production system. This guarantees the full consistency of the VM and the current state of the memory. Plus, there is a consistent state of the machine for that point in time.
- Online Live Memory Backup — Includes the VM’s active RAM
- Online Quiesced Backup — Uses the Citrix Hypervisor VSS provider to allow a complete backup without interruption to the production system.
- Offline Backup — The offline-backup solution will perform a backup of the VM by shutting down the operating system. This option allows the backup to occur when no changes are occurring on the VM. While this guarantees the consistency of the VM at a specific point in time, it is not an optimal solution for applications that require high availability.
SEP Backup & Disaster Recovery
Supporting the widest range of operating systems, databases, and applications, SEP is the perfect solution for IT professionals managing data protection and business continuity.
Patented Multi-Streaming Technology to facilitate unlimited simultaneous data streams provides some of the highest performance in the backup market. SEP is cross-platform, multi-OS, and supports every popular database, application, and hypervisor available. Exceptional remote management capabilities allow users to easily and efficiently manage thousands of locations around the globe from one central location.
SEP offers comprehensive, cost-effective, scalable data protection software. It’s simple — SEP replaces multiple backup software products with a single high-performance solution for hybrid IT environments (physical, virtual, and cloud).
If you would like to build a plan for your business with SEP Backup and Recovery, contact SEP at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, try it now with the free 30-day trial of SEP Backup and Recovery. Visit us here and in the Citrix Ready Marketplace to learn more.