In the spirit of the holiday season, I wanted to thank all our partners who attended our webinar about securing SaaS and web apps with Citrix Workspace and the new Citrix Ready Workspace Endpoint Program. We were thrilled to see the interest from the partner community and really enjoyed the interaction during the webinar.
As a quick recap, we had two calls to action from the webinar:
- Citrix looks forward to hearing ideas on how can we enable you — our most valued set of partners — to win in 2019. So ping us.
- Reach out to Citrix Ready for setting up Cloud Connector and beginning product verification with the updated test suite for the Citrix Ready Workspace Endpoint Program.
If you missed the webinar, you can register to view the on-demand recording at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5737230077571420427.
SaaS and Web Apps Are Changing the Way IT Works
In the past, IT could secure and exercise policy controls over traditional on-premise applications and desktops by hosting them on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly known as XenApp and XenDesktop).
Today, almost everyone (three out of five people on the planet) uses a mobile device. When you combine that with the explosive growth of SaaS, the future of software starts to look pretty much like “client + cloud” applications that are split between the endpoint and a cluster of servers to do heavy computation and keep data persistent.
In addition, beyond the commercial promise and treatment as a “hot skill” for developers, SaaS projects can be deployed inexpensively using public cloud computing. The advent of SaaS applications like SalesForce, Workday, and others has brought new challenges for organizations. Specifically, IT started losing the fine-granular control on SaaS applications that they enjoyed from published on-prem applications.
Watch the on-demand recording of the webinar to find out how IT administrators can bring SaaS and web applications within the purview of a security policy framework and how thin-client vendors should prepare to enable this enhancement.
What’s Changing with the New Citrix Ready Workspace Endpoint Program
The Citrix Ready Workspace Endpoint Program is the new yardstick for product qualification to help thin-client partners and other endpoint players validate both software and hardware against the Citrix Workspace app and Citrix Cloud services.
The webinar has details about what’s changing and how to access associated resources. Here’s a quick summary:
- We introduced two new endpoints levels and will deprecate the previous HDX levels to classify your endpoints.
- Take note of the updated system requirements as you upgrade your endpoints with Citrix Workspace app.
- Endpoints can now be validated in on-premise as well as in hybrid-multi cloud environments.
- Reach out to Citrix Ready for setting up Cloud Connector and beginning product verification with the updated test suite for Citrix Ready Workspace Endpoint Program.
- Lastly, take a look at the infographic below and sign up for the Citrix Ready Workspace Endpoint Program today.
Let us know if you have any follow-up questions, comments or points for discussion from the webinar or this post. We want to hear from you!