Information security is mission-critical to everyone, but especially to companies in highly regulated industries such as healthcare, government and financial services. Your organization is constantly facing new security threats from ransomware to mobile malware, as well as new vulnerabilities that are associated with these mega-trends:
- Internet of Things
Thousands of organizations choose Citrix for centralized control over app and data management, access and hosting. Citrix technology helps you safeguard sensitive information and comply with regulations – while giving your workers the freedom to be productive in any location, using any device.
But Citrix administrators who are focused primarily on configuration and management may not be aware of all the security aspects of their environment, and how to optimize its security posture.
Introducing the first Citrix security courses
To make the most of Citrix capabilities and the ability of our technologies to enhance overall security, you need targeted training. That’s why Citrix Education created three new courses – our first offerings to focus directly on security.
Choose from these three security trainings, depending on your interests and Citrix environment.
- Security across the Citrix portfolio (5 days)
This comprehensive course covering all core Citrix technologies is aimed at IT professionals who are familiar with XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, XenMobile, and/or ShareFile. CTX-270: Citrix Enterprise Security Solutions dives into:
- App and data security
- Citrix authentication, authorization and auditing workflows
- Operating system hardening
- Mitigation of network vulnerabilities
- Hypervisor security
- Securing Citrix traffic
The curriculum also touches on the end user experience, data access and operational permissions and privileges.
Or, if you are interested in a subset of these technologies, you can choose:
- XenApp and XenDesktop security (2 days)
If you’re a Citrix admin, engineer or architect working with XenApp and XenDesktop, CTX-272: Securing Citrix Virtualization Solutions, will teach you:
- How to secure Citrix traffic between components
- About Citrix authentication and authorization workflows with multifactor authentication
- Methods for desktop and application hardening with registry and policy lockdowns
- How to optimize monitoring and operations with leading security practices
This course covers app and data security, protection against vulnerabilities and advanced authentication.
- NetScaler, XenMobile and ShareFile security (3 days)
CTX-271: Securing Citrix Networking and Mobility Solutions is designed for IT professionals with experience in NetScaler, XenMobile and ShareFile. The course covers:
- Identification of network attacks and protecting your network and mobile environment
- Authentication, authorization and auditing
- Mobile device security options
Key technologies include ShareFile StorageZones and XenMobile Server Console.
Put Citrix security capabilities to work
These new courses will prepare you to:
- Identify any security gaps in your Citrix environment
- Control resource access and actions
- Mitigate vulnerabilities in devices, hypervisors, operating systems, networks and mobile environments
- Harden apps and desktops
- Implement leading practices to prevent future breaches
Explore these topics and learn valuable skills for managing and mitigating security risks in your Citrix environment by enrolling in Citrix training.