WOW! What a way to start my career at Citrix!
In only my second week with the company, I had the great pleasure of attending Citrix Synergy 2017 in support of the Citrix User Group Community (CUGC). I had the opportunity to meet many Citrites (who I look forward to working with), as well as CUGC members from around the globe!
This year at Synergy, the CUGC was well represented both on the main stage (thank you Tim and Kirill for the shout-out!) and in Synergy Park. The direct feedback at the event from clients and partners was that CUGC representation at Synergy was fantastic, contributing to our overall Synergy NPS of 78!
There was also a ton of interest in joining a local user group or starting/leading one where a group does not currently exist. The global CUGC local user group map got filled with many pins around the globe.
The CUGC @ Synergy Numbers:
- 2,241 CUGC members at Synergy – 88% of customer attendees, up 104% over 2016!
- 328 new MYCUGC.org Sign-Ups
- 1,292 badge scans
- 927 attendees showed interest in joining CUGC upon registration
- 29 CUGC members led the Hot Topic Roundtables
- Citrix Technology Advocates (CTA) program launched with more than 80 new applicants!
- 1,800 CUGC t-shirts given away
- Next Up: We have 30+ CUGC Synergy Re-cap meetings in June
My first experience at Synergy and with the CUGC at the event was terrific and I cannot wait for a repeat of our success in 2018!
“I met a ton of great people from around the country (and the world!) in different industries; got some great ideas of things to try and definitely the common theme across the board was that we all struggle with trying to manage large numbers of persistent VDI desktops (again bring on the UniDesk layers!). So yes, this was my best experience at Synergy so far and I can’t wait to return again.” — Michael Baum, Cincinnati, OH & CUGC June Member of the Month