Citrix is pleased to share that FedRAMP listed ShareFile Government as a FedRAMP In-Process SaaS Solution, meaning ShareFile is actively working with a U.S. Government Agency to achieve FedRAMP Authorization. ShareFile worked with sponsorship from its existing customer, the Department of State and a third party assessment organization (3PAO) to reach this step in the accreditation process.
The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program, or FedRAMP, is a government-wide program that provides a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services. The FedRAMP certification assessment process includes an in-depth examination of a solution’s data security and data governance capabilities, as well as the security practices of the technology companies providing the cloud services.
Citrix ShareFile Government enables federal agencies to leverage the operational efficiency and cost benefits of the cloud while ensuring the robust security controls required to comply with increasingly stringent public sector regulations. FedRAMP Moderate allows for Public or non-mission critical information to be stored in on-premises data centers, public or private clouds, or a hybrid architecture. Federal employees and government contractors can connect to data everywhere, accessing and sharing files from any approved source, on any sanctioned device, from any location. ShareFile delivers the seamless consumer-like experience today’s mobile workers demand without compromising data security. With ShareFile, customers can rest assured that data can be securely accessed on any device, in any location and over any network or cloud.
Federal employees are no different than mobile workers in the private sector. Today’s threat landscape is constantly evolving and security practices and policies need to keep up. Shadow IT—the use of unmanaged devices and unsanctioned consumer-grade tools and apps to mobilize data—can jeopardize critical data and information assets. However, there are best practices that business can adopt so employees don’t feel like they need to go around corporate-policies or apps to be productive.
Nearly 25% of federal employees send work docs to personal email accounts and half use personal devices for work email. (Lookout Survey)
ShareFile Government meets the mobility needs of federal employees and delivers the security mechanisms federal IT requires to proactively protect sensitive government data through these four key tenets:
- Providing Multilayer Security: IT visibility and granular oversight for all user file-sharing activity: control, tracking, reporting, and auditing of all document access, views, exchange, editing, downloads and uploads, both inside and outside of agency environments. Federal agencies can define the appropriate level of access for every individual and situation with complete visibility and control to address privacy, compliance, and risk-management priorities without compromising productivity.
- Increasing User Productivity and Efficiency: ShareFile Government provides real-time, secure mobile access to critical business files allowing for secure and instant collaboration, increased productivity, and responsiveness across distributed teams—from the field, online, or offline. Users can securely view, access, edit and approve content anywhere and on any device, from any location.
- Delivering Streamlined Collaboration: ShareFile makes it possible for IT to provide the anywhere, any device, network or cloud data access and collaboration people need, while meeting an agency’s requirements for security, manageability, and compliance.
- Modernizing and Optimizing IT Infrastructure: ShareFile allows access to existing network shares without having to migrate data—so files in SharePoint, Office 365, OneDrive for Business, ECM systems, and other document libraries are available easily and immediately. Through Citrix StorageZone Connectors, companies can connect to their files no matter where those files are stored.
Through the FedRAMP process, ShareFile will meet the Federal Information Processing Stand (FIPS) Publication 140-2 when it achieves FedRAMP authorization.
To learn more about visit: https://marketplace.fedramp.gov/#/product/citrix-sharefile
- ShareFile Overview
- Citrix Security and Compliance Page
- A Secure IT-approved Alternative to Personal File Sharing
- How ShareFile Works to Prevent Data Loss and Meet Compliance Requirements
- ShareFile Enterprise: Built for business. Trusted by IT