We are pleased to announce the availability of XenMobile 10.5.10. This release includes public app store updates to Secure Hub, Secure Mail and Secure Web.
Server updates will go live immediately for XenMobile Service customers and will be included in the quarterly server release for on-prem customers.
One of the client-side updates we’re excited about is Secure Hub’s MDM support for Zebra ruggedized, handheld and scanner devices. With Zebra device support, XenMobile continues to execute on the single platform strategy for management of all device types including iOS, Android, macOS, Windows 10 — and now Zebra.
Client-side features in this release include:
- Secure Mail support for .pass files (iOS only). This gives you the capability to import these file types into your iOS Wallet (e.g. airliner boarding passes, evet tickets, etc.)
- Also included is a Personal Calendar Overlay which helps Secure Mail users stay organized by syncing personal calendars with their work calendars.
This feature is generally available for iOS users, with the Android version currently in Beta test.
- Secure Web gets some logging improvements
- O365 Cert Based Authentication – Secure Mail users with iOS and Android devices can now take advantage of certificate-based authentication when connecting to Office 365 – and no app update is required. When they sign on to Secure Mail, users authenticate by using a client certificate, instead of typing their credentials. This article discusses how to configure certificate-based authentication for Office 365.
The Server side features of this release are available to XenMobile Service customers only. Key features include:
- Azure Active Directory integration for SSO to Office 365 web apps.
- Reporting enhancements include PDF reports, group policies by platform, searching and sorting capabilities based on device filters and chart/Visualization of devices and apps
- iOS MDM restrictions now include bulk revocation of VPP license.
- Windows 10 MDM policies now include an MDM Locate policy.
- App Migration automatically removes the Enterprise-sourced App when public app is installed.
- macOS MDM restrictions now include both Touch ID restriction and iCloud Docs & Data.
- Bulk delete of users allows the multi-select of users to remove them from the database.
- Data Filters can be used to generate reports.
- NetScaler configuration checks can be actioned with the XenMobile Analyzer Tool
- Azure provisioning – New XenMobile Service customers will be provisioned on Azure. IPsec connectivity will not be available for these customers. Only the Citrix Cloud Connector is supported here.
So, even though this is classified as a “minor” release, you can see it’s packed with new capabilities. You can start taking advantage of the new features today.