Here are some examples of things we’ve been hearing customers say:
“It’s difficult to change IME mode using touch keyboard within Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop session.”
“Switching keyboard layouts needs to be simpler.”
“Local banks who are encouraging employees to use touch devices need this.”
Citrix listened and said, “Yes. Let’s fix this.”
We now deliver a new Generic IME experience for all our APJ customers. Especially for the finance vertical where employees use touch devices and have to switch keyboard layouts, Citrix Receiver now provides better support for soft keyboards and more options to change IME. You can use the local keyboard layout with a better IME experience.
An input method (or input method editor, commonly abbreviated IME) is an operating system component or program that allows any data, such as keyboard strokes or mouse movements, to be received as input. In short, it means you can enter characters and symbols not found on your input devices.
Generic IME uses IME from the client device as opposed to the remote session. So, what’s in it for you? Read on
- Additional IME choice
- Convenient on touch-enabled devices
- Enhances security
- Less configuration for admins
- Soft keyboard for Windows 10 and 8
With the following options, you can set your preference:
- Enable Server IME – select this option to disable local IME. This option means that only the languages set on the server can be used.
- Set Local IME to High Performance mode –select this option to use local IME with limited bandwidth. This option restricts the candidate window functionality.
- Set Local IME to Best Experience mode – select this option to use local IME with best user experience. This option can consume higher bandwidth. By default, this option is selected when generic client IME is enabled.
Keyboard layout synchronization enables you to switch among preferred keyboard layouts on the client device. This feature is disabled by default.
For more information refer to the Product Documentation at http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/receiver/windows/4-7/improve.html
Enable Client IME and enhanced keyboard experience with Receiver for Windows and share your feedback!